thirty-three

i loved this book ugh (no it's not the end yet! 1 chapter + epilogue left)

***

WEDDING pt. 2

Once Taehyung finally stopped running, he was soaked wet thanks to the fucking rain that came up while being in church. The sky turned grey, sun hidden behind thick, heavy clouds that blocked the light.
Quite dark for the middle of the day, and Taehyung hated it. A little sunlight, he could've really needed that right now.

His legs stopped working as he crashed down under a huge tree, holding himself up at it while he gasped for air, having trouble with breathing. Tears kept cutting his breathing off, made him choke on them and feel like drowning.

Drowning in your own tears-, that's something.

Taehyung never felt like this before. He always was the one having steady ground beneath his feet, strength in his body and his head held up high no matter how much everything hurts. Unlike Jungkook, he never showed the slightest weakness, always acting the best when he felt the worst.

It was something Jungkook learned from no one but him, to smile whenever it hurt the most. In the end it didn't even matter, right? Who cares if you're hurting. All the people want to see are simply results.

They wanna see you doing great in college, keep up with your job and spend your free-time doing voluntary work. Not to forget about the social life that had to be on point or else society would cancel you. There wasn't a single person who cared how you make it. It was just about the result, like everything in life.

So was this.
It didn't matter to Jungkook how much Taehyung gave for him, the sacrifices he made for the younger and the way he always tried so, so hard to be someone to lean on.
Now, after all, it wasn't enough. And no one in this goddamn church cared, their result was Jungkook marrying a girl he never would love the way he loved Taehyung.

Or at least, that's what Taehyung's messed up mind told him.

Honestly-, what else would he be thinking?

He'd never get to the point where he saw the reality as a possibility.
A whole church with their fingers crossed that Jungkook would make it, somehow. Lyza sitting down next to Jimin, holding Taejeon close to her chest while she pushed her heels of her feet and leaned back, hoping she did something right for once.

"You did the right thing", Jimin gave her a soft smile, wrapping his arm around the girl to comfort her. "I owe it to them", she whispered. "I stood there and did nothing the first time, I can't do nothing again."

Jimin nodded, "Let's hope for the best."

"Why did no one tell me earlier how serious this whole thing between them is?", Lyza's father sounded seriously upset as he got up from his seat and walked over to his daughter. "Darling, you'll fine someone better", he promised but the girl shook her head.

"Actually-", she smiled at her Dad, "I'm planning to stay by myself for a while. Once I settled everything with Kook, made plans how to raise the kid, I'll go away for a while. By myself. No boys included."

Her father nodded, "Sounds like the perfect plan, Darling."

"Where's Mom?", she asked when she couldn't see her mother anywhere close. "Left. She said it was a waste of money to save Jungkook's life back then. I told her she can leave after that. It's not okay to say something like that if the kid is literally trying to take his life. I saw his bandages-"
Lyza gulped dryly, "Thanks, Dad."