Three

I went back to the boys and made sure that I paid for my stuff before I came back to them, seeing as they're boys.

I came back and saw Eddie with his hands full of medical supplies.

"W-what did y-you buy, C-carissa?" Bill said.

"Oh, it's nothing. Anyway, eddie do we need all of this?" I said, pointing to all the stuff in Eddie's hands.

"Yes we do! But umm, I don't have enough money."

Just then, Beverly came down the Isle, and hid her box of tampons behind her back and looked at all of us. "H-hey Beverly." Bill said. "Hi Bill. What ya got there?" She said gesturing to Eddie's fill arms.

"None of your business." Stan replied.

"There's a kid outside who looks like someone killed him." Eddie said.

Bill and Stan looked at him giving him a cold glare, while me and Beverly looked at each other.

We both knew what we had to do, so we went up to the counter.

We HAD to flirt with Mr. Keene.

"I like your glasses Mr Keene." Beverly said.

"You know, you look just like Clark Kent." I said.

"Oh, well I don't know about that." He said, giving us this grin that made me want to vomit.

"Can I try them on?" Beverly said.

"Why you sure can."

He handed her and after she put them on, she looked back at him and said, "What do you think?"

"Would you look at that? You look just like Lois Lane."

"Really?" She said. He nodded and she started to take them off.

"Thanks for letting me try them Mr Kee- oops. " in the middle of saying 'Keene' she knocked down the cigarette stand on purpose.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" She fake apologized.

"Oh it's really no problem. " He said.

As he was bending down to pick it up, I turned to the boys and pointed towards the door.

They all started to run off and eddie bumped into a display, and then they were out the door.

Beverly paid for her stuff and even pocketed a pack off cigs and we went back outside.

We came around the alley and saw Richie and eddie in an argument whilst eddie tried to help Ben.

I walked over to them and got caught up into taking to Stan.

"Hey, earlier we were talking about going to the quarry. Wanna come with us? You don't have to be a part of the losers club if you don't want to." he said.

I looked at him and nodded. " I know that. But to be honest, y'all are my first friends here and pretty much anywhere so I am DEFINITELY gonna come."

He looked at me and smiled, then said, "Hey I have some questions for you."

"Shoot."

"OK, well first, you use the word y'all a lot. Are you from the south or something?"

I smiled at him and chuckled. "For most of my life, I lived in Texas. Then we moved to New york. And then we came here." I said.

"OK, and second, why did you dye your hair such a dark red?"

I smiled again and said, "Let me tell you something about me noodles. I did it on a dare. Now, the rule is: NEVER turn down a dare. A dares a dare and if you don't do the dare, the dare is turned to punishment and the dare isn't a dare. OK?"

He looked at me confused for a moment, then started to laugh.

"How the hell do you speak so fast? I had trouble understanding you."

"Oh, well I speak Spanish, and I can talk really fast in Spanish since it's my second language, so I just naturally speak faster in English than most of y'all."

He looked at me for a minute and was about to say something, when Bill said, "OK, t-time to h-head b-back home."

We all got on the bikes and started to head home, me and Richie lived around the block from each other, so we were the last ones biking together.

"So, you and Stan huh?"

I immediately dropped my smile and stopped my bike in the middle of the street.

"The hell did you just say?!"

"I said, So you and Stan huh?"

"Jesus Richie, I see Stan as a brother, nothing more."

"Well how do you see me?" He asked.

We began to bike again and I said, "I see you as a friend."

"Hey, umm are we really your first friends?"

I hesitated and started to bite my lip.

"Y-yeah, y-yall are." I said shyly.

"Hey, don't stutter. That's Billy's job."

We started laughing and then we got to my house. I started to go inside, but Richie still didn't go. He actually waited outside the whole time.

When I got inside, I closed the door. When I turned around, I felt a hard slap on my cheek. I fell and looked up to see my mother. My cheek was stinging and I could feel it already swelling up.

"You filthy whore!! Where have you been?!?!" She said.

I had tears in my eyes but still answered her. "W-with my friends."

She loomed at me and hit me on the forehead with the wine bottle in her hand.

"WELL THEN WHO IS THAT BOY OUTSIDE ON THE STREET HUH?!?!?!!"

I looked at her and couldn't see or hear clearly. But I still just barely understood what she said. "A f-f-friend." I started to stand up but she slapped me again.

"YOU UGLY DIRTY LITTLE SLUT. OFF HOEIN YOURSELF OUT AT AGE 13. I'M DISGUSTED IN YOU."

She was about to punch em when I caught her hand. "NO. I'm disgusted in you and it pains me to call you my mom."

I pushed her back and immediately ran upstairs, still having my black bag of snacks and a little money, and went to my room.

I saw the window and knew that was only way out. I opened it and looked at the long drop. I threw my bag down and then jumped.

Richie had only just now started to bike away bit he saw me and stopped.

"Holy shit carissa are you alright?!?!?" He said. I nodded a little and went to grab my bike. Then my mom burst through the door and started to run to me.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!"

I got on my bike and started to bike towards Richie. I had a little trouble because I had hurt my left wrist a lot. If it was broken, it was ok-ish cause I'm a righty.

Richie then he started to go and I noticed we were going away from my house to his.

I looked back and knew what had just happened. I was finally away from that hell hole.

I started laughing like a maniac at the thought.

I was finally going to be happy.