Talk To Me (12)

Kaycee.
(A few days later)

"Kayc." Bailey nudged me not so subtly as we were leaving Jojo's class. Ever since she found out about Sean and I, the girl would not stop with the nudges and the winks and the whispers. I was already overwhelmed to begin with, and for whatever reason, she just didn't understand that. But thankfully, Sean always took the lead when he sensed Bailey was taking it too far.

"Yes?" I sighed, mentally preparing myself for another possible tease about Sean and I.

"Remember that Kevin guy? He was in Will's class that one time, we danced to All In? You, me, Jenna?"

I turned my head towards Sean instantly, who was right beside me. Kevin was pretty much the reason we got into our huge fight that lasted literally two weeks, and neither of us had mentioned him since then. In fact, neither of us even saw him since then. It was a touchy subject, for obvious reasons, and Bailey was unaware.

"Uh." I replied, still looking at Sean to make sure he wasn't going to burst or anything. "Yeah."

"I think he's got a thing for you." Bailey chuckled, now nudging Sean teasingly. "Someone a little jealous?"

"Bailey." I scolded. "We talked about this. You've gotta be a little less obvious."

"Sorry." She smiled apologetically. "But, he's right over there in the corner and he keeps looking at you."

"Have you talked to him...since?" Sean asked me.

"No, no." I replied quickly.

"Since? Since what?" Bailey asked.

Don't tell her, my eyes begged Sean.
She can't keep a secret, I continued wordlessly.

"Since...since that day in Will's class, when they just said hello to each other." Sean smiled, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hey Kevin! Over here!" Bailey called loudly, gesturing frantically with her arms for him to join us.

My eyes shot with panic and worry towards Sean. Without thinking, I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight, hoping he was going to behave normally.

"Bailey!" I hissed and let go of his hand. "That's so awkward!"

Bailey shrugged cheekily, and of course Kevin was making his way over. I felt Sean stiffen beside me, and I knew the two of us were thinking of exactly the same thing.

"We're just partners."

"Hey!" Bailey greeted when he reached up to us. He had a bottle of water in his hands, and was visibly sweaty. I didn't even see him all class.

"Hey." He smiled warmly at us. "How are you, Kaycee?"

"I'm doing well. How are you?"

"Yeah, me too. I haven't seen you in months!" He exclaimed. "I've actually been taking a lot less classes lately."

"Oh, how come?" I asked, glancing at Sean to make sure he was okay.

And he was. He couldn't have seemed more normal and welcoming.

"Just busy with school and work and stuff." He replied, before turning his attention towards Sean. "How are you, man?"

"Good, good! Nice seeing you!"

"Yeah, same here." Kevin smiled. "You guys have been thriving lately. Your music videos, photoshoots, collab classes! I'm really happy for y'all."

"Thank you." I laughed, grateful for the compliment.

Just as I began to relax a little at the easygoingness of the conversation, Kevin's face went a little pale and I could instantly tell something was off.