46- Girl's Feelings

Dong Fang Ye looked at Qin Xiang Ning's and his eyes lit up. He took the outfit presented to him with a smile before leaving the room.

Once the prince was out of sight, Qin Xiang Ning gave some dry cloth to An Yan Ran.

"Yan Ran, why didn't you change your clothes when you came in the room?"

At her words, Yan Ran face grew hot. When she had opened her eyes and realized she was in her cousin's embrace, her heart quivered and she couldn't feel the cold. But now Xiang Ning had mentioned it, she fought her teeth from clattering.

Obviously, she would never admit this fact.

"My peacock coat protected me so my clothes are not that wet.."

Qin Xiang Ning came closer and help the younger girl to wipe her hair.

"What about the peacock feathers?"

An Yan Ran smiled at Xiang Ning question.

"Stop teasing me! Why did you give my cousin a change of cloth firts?"

"Silly girl! Would you have Kang Wang stand here while you change? How could I ask for you to get dressed first?"

Answering the other Qin Xiang Ning lightly flicked her forehead.

Qing Xiaojie didn't let this show in front Yan Ran but she had been quite confused regarding this incident. And it wasn't only because this mishap created a major disturbance.

An's Fu Di daughter ... Her appearance had somehow made Xiang Ning feel inferior. Originally she thought that An Yan Ran's beauty was already a sight to behold. However, she never expected the low key An Qing Ran to be even more beautiful than her hibiscus-like sister!

Moreover, she wasn't a simple person. How else could she get the attention of their Taizi Dong Fanf Jin? Wasn't she always confined in An's Fu? Otherwise, why didn't she come to the various gatherings all these years and let Shu daugther An Yan Ran completely overshadow the Di miss?

On top of it all. Ding Fang Jin has always been known in the capital as a frivolous youth and was famous for his uncaring attitude. But today was different...His face showed determination, His words were unquestionable. He certainly had the bearing of the heir to the dragon throne!

It appears not all rumours should be trusted...

Still, Kang Wang was also a prince and Shu Gufei was An Yan Ran's relative. Xiang Ning couldn't overlook these facts either... Hence, she didn't change her attitude toward the girl and kept these thoughts to herself for now.

NOTE: Shu Gufei is Kang Wang Mother and an Yiniang's Yan Ran mom maternal cousin. So Kang Wang is not Yan Ran's directly related cousin.

This was also the reason why she visited Qing Ran first. She wouldn't allow either side ti pick fault at her! An Yan Ran was fortunately unaware of these facts. She didn't pay any attention to the other girl as she was putting the dry cloth on.

While the maids had been ordered to replace the wet bedding.

After some time Dong Fang Ye Came back. The pure white outfit gave him an elegant vibe and Yan Ran's heart skipped a beat.

"Yan Ran didn't expect to meet cousin at this party..."

Dong Fang Ye ignored the young girl comment.

"Just wait for the physician to arrive... you shouldn't move. Just lie down!"

After he had said his peace the young man left. All Yan Ran could see was his handsome back figure. She gaze at him until his shadow disappeared. Only then did she reluctantly turn her eyes away. She couldn't help but to feel lost. The youth probably saw her as a child...

Didn't he know that she was only a bit younger than An Qing Ran? She felt like an adult!

All this while Qin Xiang Ning was observing An Yan Ran, and for a moment her eyes flashed. In the end, she didn't say another word.