3-Against heaven to change her fate.

In her past life, Ren Dong protected her. An Qing Ran could not believe that she was so easily blinded by An Yan Ran's words.

Yan Ran once told her that Ren Dong had wandering hands and she had stolen her bracelet. Later on, the bracelet was found under Ren Dong's quilt.

She never forgot her maid expression when it was discovered. She cried helplessly while she was being detained. Even though... Qing Ran did not believe the pleading maid and sent her out of the general's residence.

Years later, she heard that Ren Dong was a lonely lady who washed clothing as living. In this life, she wanted to protect this maid.

"xiaojie is really weird today" Ren Dong whispered.

An Qing Ran pretended that she didn't hear anything and asked: "you said today is the Lantern Festival?".

Suddenly Qing Ran jumped in shock. "What time is it?" "It is the end of the Shen hour"

(Shen time is between 3 to 5pm, so the end is close to 5pm)

An Qing Ran was shocked once again "Ren Dong where is my mother right now?"

"Furen and the general are at the banquet in the Qiushui pavilion. I was supposed to come and get Xiaojie but you were sleeping so deeply. I wasn't able to wake you up, even shouted..." Ren Dong's voice was yet finished.

An Qing Ran pushed the door open and rushed out!

Ren Dong looked at her running back puzzled. She felt that everything became weird after her Xiaojie woke up. She seemed like a different person calm one moment agitated the next.

It took her some time to react and chase the girl. When Ren Dong step out she couldn't see An Qing Ran figures anymore. Her Xiaojie should have gone to the Qiushui Pavilion... picking up her skirts she started to run as well.

In the general's house, lanterns were hanged everywhere, it looked like a fairyland, mimicking the starry sky. An Qing Ran was running, secretly praying that she would arrive on time. How could she forget?

Within the next hour her yiniang Lian Jin Rong that is An Yan Ran's mother would bring her father to her mother courtyard and 'discover' her mother adultery in the act.

In her past life, she was still young when the incident happened. She hated her shameless mother. Afterwards, she was too ashamed and could not face her father.

Still, she remembered the worry in her mother's eyes. After that incident, she was separated from her mother and believed Lian Jin Rong's lies.

Thinking about it now, it must have been a scheme! Her mother couldn't explain what happened, but she clearly saw the sorrow in her eyes.

An Qing Ran could only blame herself. How could she listen to these vile person? Even if Lian Jin Rong and her mother were stepsisters.

After her mother was discovered. Lian Jin Rong treated her well, however she never missed a chance to tell her nasty rumors about her mother. In the end, mother died from depression and sorrow a year later. She was only thirteen years old...

Remembering these time, it felt like a knife had pierced her heart and she started to run faster. She must stop this! She could not waste this opportunity that the gods had given her!

"Xiaojie please run a bit slower!" shouted Ren Dong who was chasing after her from afar. Just at that moment, she fell in a pit.

An Qing Ran hearing this turned around. "Ren Dong, you should be careful! Don't worry about me..."

She didn't have the time to help the maid.

When Ren Dong climbed out of the small pit her xiaojie had disappeared. She sighed. What happened to her usually quiet and dignified xiaojie? The one everybody knew as the girl who never raised her voice. That same young miss was running around like a rabbit. Was she still in her dream? Ren Dong couldn't think too deeply about it. All she needed was to follow her xiaojie .

An Qing Ran was still running. What if she couldn't arrive on time?

Note:

furen – missus, legitimate wife; the main wife, generally used in address
yiniang – father's concubine