Chapter Four: Introducing the Ice Mage

Hey Folks! I have a some chapters written up already, but they're catching up with me pretty quick. Mainly cause chapter six is taking so long... (gotta hate writers block lol and yes... I've fallen to one chapter ahead...) Anywho, I'm probably gonna have to space out chapters a bit, cause I'm gonna be gone next week and won't have any service!!! Tears... besides the point I'd like to dedicate this next chapter to Fluffiest_Alpaca! They've left a bunch of comments and have given me a boat load of confidence as I wander into the mysterious world of writing on wattpad. Not to mention their stories are awesome! So yeah, thank you, Fluffiest_Alpaca!

With that I hope you guys enjoy the next chapter! 

The newest bounty had been sent out that morning. It had been a slow few months, leaving the ebony haired boy to settle for the usual 'Salamander' or 'Twin Slayer' bounty. The fire mage's nickname had been circling the community for a good number of years, and the dragon slayers, well they were in the same boat as Salamander.

They were side jobs, ones bounty hunters would take up when the pickings were slim. This week was different however, giving him a saving grace in the form of a new name: Lucy Heartfilia.

"Gray my darling!"

Shivers spiraled up the ice mage's spine causing his grip to tighten on the paper in his hand. "J-Juvia!" He turned to face the bluenette, her matching blue eyes filled with delight as she leapt for him. Before he could even dodge her, the girl had wrapped her arms around his waist; the action caused his cheeks to flame red.

"Gray! I'm sure you've found the most spectacular job! What—" Her words of adoration cut short at the sight of the paper, more specifically the picture. "Gray... why are we hunting this... this curvaceous girl?!"

The ice mage pried himself from her grasp, clearing his throat as the blush on his cheeks only grew further. "I-It's not like that Juvia!"

"You mean it?" She clasped her hands together, staring up at him with sweet water eyes.

"Of course! N-now... did you find anything on Salamander?"

Juvia's brow furrowed, but she continued nonetheless. "Though I understand your interest in... the fire mage..." She said the words with great distaste, "I still don't like it, but yes."

Gray shoved the request in his sleek, silver, coat pocket; he would have been more excited with a different target, but this one was one for alluding others. Whatever information she had found was likely to be of little use.

"Well, I questioned the bar keep you told me to follow." She fiddled with the white fluff surrounding the cuff of her sleeve, "Salamander was the one who destroyed his place, but..." She grimaced, "Gray, my love, could I see that photo again?"

Gray winced at the addition of 'my love', but decided to ignore it for the time being. "Yeah, here." Pulling the crumpled request from his pocket he handed it to his partner.

The bluenette let out a gasp at the sight. "No way! She's the blonde bimbo!" Fury danced in her eyes as her figure tensed. "I swear! I don't understand what you see in her, my darling."

"Wait, I thought you'd figured out a lead?" Gray sighed, reaching for the paper with slight exasperation. Juvia could be a lot sometimes.

"No! I've actually found a number of them." She smiled proudly, holding the paper back from his reach. "This... woman..." She growled, "is traveling with Salamander! Clive told me, showed me a picture from the paper. This is the same photo." She pointed at the girl's face. "That girl and him were both searching for the Keeper!"

Gray froze.

We have to go back for him!

We need to leave, Gray! We won't make it if we don't leave now!