Feeding Regrets

The old man was devious and it was clear that he had no intention on getting Jin out of the hospital anytime soon. It was also unclear whether he and Joo-hyun were just colleagues but Jin felt that he was just being paranoid and regretful. Like always, the terrors in his head wouldn't let him rest. But they were much more frequent now...and louder. Just as when she had left before, they would scream through the fogginess of his brain and scrape their nails on the inner walls of his skull. The increase in activity had to be attributed to the fact that Irene was no longer with him, that she had protected him from suffering anymore.
But she was gone and he was neglected and pained. If only he had listened when she asked.
"Dr. Jung," Seok-Jin interrupted the doctor who was being unprofessional and flirting with the nurse as she checked his vitals. "I have a request."
Reluctantly, the elder in white walked over with hands behind his back. "It's been awhile since you've asked something of me..." An eyebrow was raised.
"I want Dr. Bae back."
It was a confused stare that swiftly turned into concern. "Oh dear." Jung shook his head and sat down with a 'thump'.
"What? Did something happen?" Jin tried not to panic. He couldn't stand Dr. Jung. He was abusive and manipulative; he was even pushing the idea that his family abandoned Jin and didn't want to be found.
"She quit."
"She...what?" That wasn't the answer he had expected. Dr. Bae was too dedicated to her patients and seemingly this hospital to just quit over one bad case.
"I can only fathom why... Unfortunately, she's also refused future contact."
"But-."
"I apologize for not telling you sooner. If there's anything-."
"Stop. Stop drugging me. Stop lying to me. Stop trying to act as if Dr. Bae was never here! You did this last night, questioning her existence and refusing to speak her name...I'm done!"
Jung's lips began to twitch, although there was no discernible expression on his face. Seok-Jin didn't know how long this lasted but it created an uncomfortable atmosphere; he pulled the thin sheets closer to his body to feel protected. "I'd put you out on the streets if Joo- if you weren't a patient of this hospital. She's not your doctor anymore, I am!" His hand was hot- maybe hotter than Joo-hyun's- as his fingers wrapped around Jin's wrist, lifting it to show the plastic band. "As long as you're admitted to this hospital, I can treat you however I want."
"You can't-." Jin didn't know what his doctor meant exactly, but it wouldn't be anything pleasant. The intent was clear in the tone of voice.
"Just cooperate with me and you won't have to worry about it." The doctor muttered this time, eyeing the patient's wrist before dropping it and taking a breath in through his nose. He seemed to be going over something in his tilted and crazed head as he looked Jin up and down. The doctor turned to the nurse and dismissed her from the room. The woman looked hesitant but obeyed, giving a small bow and exiting quietly through the sliding door. When the door was fully closed, the old man started speaking again. "Do you want to know what she was keeping from you?"
The patient gripped the blankets, anxious. It seemed Jung and Joo-hyun were closer than he thought. Why would Jung share something that wasn't his business? Not only that, how did he know Jin wanted to know? Jung was already a suspicious character and this didn't make him anymore favorable. "Maybe," Jin answered as he shifted back. "But I'd prefer if Irene told me herself." It looked like the man wanted to argue, frustration building upon his features, so Jin said again, "Irene."
Doctor Jung fell quiet and immediately became relaxed, both hands running through gray hairs and smoothing down whiskers. He didn't move from his spot on the bed. He didn't talk. He didn't blink. If his breathing hadn't been apparent and ragged, Seok-Jin would have mistaken him for a statue. He licked his lips, unfocused. "What if I show you?" A hand held itself out for Jin to take.
The young man swallowed and met the darkness in his elder's eyes. "How?" The atmosphere was changing again, but it was more welcoming than the one before- almost pleasurable, if Jin dared. For the disconcerting position, it was confusing. The doctor reached out his hand further, indicating that his patient take it. But the anxiety hadn't left. "What will you do?"
"You have nothing to be afraid of." Jung cooed.
Something was telling him not to take Jung's hand, to decline and the urge to do so was so strong but, as though he was taken control of, his fingers wrapped themselves around the doctor's palm. "Now-."
As the door slid open with a slam, both men whipped their heads in the direction. "Doctor!" It was the nurse from before, panicking. "The patient down the hall-!"
A surprising growl escaped the old man's throat as he dropped Jin's hand. "Another one? Their selfishness never ceases."
Seok-Jin swallowed, watching with careful interest as the man stormed out in a hurry to care for another patient, only to pause and mumble a few words in the nodding woman's ear. She did not follow him out of the room, proceeding to the cupboard instead and unlocking it. This had become common now and Jin shot a look down at himself. Was it worth the risk? Possibly injure himself even more only to be caught at the door? He shivered watching the woman pull out the needles and liquids and realized that yes, it was. He wasn't going to just sit there the rest of his days suffering and wondering.

~

"You sneaky, little-."
Seok-Jin could hardly breathe, frightened and surprised by the old man's strong hands. He had just barely made it out of his room after not only evading the needle, but also stabbing the nurse with it. Currently, he was sprawled out on the lobby floor, the doctor's hands at his throat.
"You'll never leave this hospital alive."
Jin swallowed, his fear heightened. He was sure it was more than just a threat and the cold look on Jung's face wasn't very comforting either. "I...You can let me go. I won't say anything- to anyone! I promise." He swore, mumbling nervously.
The old man let out a chuckle before he got serious again and pressed harder. "I don't think you understand the predicament you're in. You can't leave."
"I can-"
"Stop."
Jin looked down past the doctor's shoulder. "...Irene?" Jung flipped over to get a view of the woman and an almost inhuman growl left his throat.
She stood outside the elevator, dressed in red from head-to-toe, with a judging and sad expression as she stared at the men on the floor. "I thought you would have been a little more composed...Doctor Jung."
Said doctor stood, angry. "He was trying to leave!"
"Oh?" Jin opened his mouth to protest but she held up a hand. "I'm aware of your situation. Doctor," She turned to the eldest of the room. "We need to have a talk." As she pulled on his arm, she said to Jin: "Don't go anywhere."
__________________________________
VIXX needs to rest so I can focus