Scene 1 - Fireball XL39

We are straight into the action this time. 

2064. Space. Deep space. An infinite frontier. Stretching across billions of miles, leading to places where we can only still guess at. A meteor showers rockets pass us, with the gleaming sun somewhere far in the distance shinning its raise onto a new planet – on known as Planet 62. A ship rises off the planet, burning through the atmosphere and blasting back off into the universe. Fireball XL39, heading back to Earth. At the controls of this ship, Colonel Stimpson, the commander of his ship and sat flying XL39 with co-pilot Dr. Irving, the medical man of the ship.

Colonel Stimpson:

Fireball XL39 to Space City, leaving atmosphere of Planet 62 now. Returning to Space City within seven hours.

Lieutenant Ninety:

Roger, XL39. See you in seven hours then.

Colonel Stimpson:

Well, Doctor, seems like another planet with suitable minerals we can extract from.

Dr. Irving:

Right, Colonel. You know, someday, I would like one of these planets to have something interesting on them. You know, new form of life that we can encounter. One we haven't met before. Something the type that Steve Zodiac gets up to.

Colonel Stimpson:

Well, the universe is still a big place. And we still don't know everything about every single planet.

Professor Norrish has arrived into the control cabin.

Professor Norrish:

Colonel, Doctor.

Colonel Stimpson:

Ah, Professor. Come in. Anything more to tell us about Planet 62?

Professor Norrish:

Nothing yet. But my log in the Navigation Bay is informing me about a growing wormhole several hundred miles away from our present position.

Dr. Irving:

Can you give us more information on it?

Professor Norrish:

Yes. It's growing bigger and stronger – quick!

Dr. Irving:

Sounds serious.

Professor Norrish:

But my instruments have been showing that ever since we were down on Planet 62 that it kept growing and shrinking.

Dr. Irving:

Is that it in the corner?

Their heads all turn to the left and see the ochre wormhole randomly sat in space almost breathing in and forming and closing, still rapidly growing in size. Hundreds and hundreds of miles away, the ship passes over.

Colonel Stimpson:

Some wormhole you've got there.

The ship's instruments begin overloading. Sirens sound. The ship begins rotating towards the wormhole as they begin to be sucked into it, faster and faster as they approach.

Professor Norrish:

Fire retros!

Dr. Irving:

We can't! It's got us now. We're being sucked in!

Colonel Stimpson:

Fireball XL39 to Space City, we're being sucked into a wormhole and can't... Space City! Can you hear us? Hello? Space City! We're...

The ship had been sucked in. Leading deep inside, as the wormhole now shrinks in size. Nothing could be heard on the radio. They were lost forever.