Prett · · · 18

Days flew by as the months passed. Prett couldn't wait till he came to the surface to see her.

Tollin was different every time. Each pute he was more hardened, disciplined and each pute he didn't want to talk about it. He came home with more injuries and bruises. One pute, he came home with one of his arms broken. It took putes to heal correctly and by then they were both near their thirties, Prett still without child.

After a month of Tollin's leave, Prett could feel her stomach start to harden and how sick she had become. Different foods started to make her feel sick such as her favorite, tapees meat. Ofra only knew of one answer, Prett was pregnant.

The whole day, Prett had been calling for Tollin. Towards the night, she could hear his sorrowed sighs as he finally answered her.

Guess what? she said excitedly.

What? Tollin's voice replied, sounding as if he was going to fall asleep.

I'm pregnant! Prett exclaimed.

Tollin was silent. The silence was eerie as Prett waited for an answer.

When he didn't reply, Prett asked, So... what do you think?

I don't know what to think, he said breathlessly. How do you know?

I just do, Prett blurted, and I think it's going to be a boy!

A boy..., Tollin hummed. Then he asked again, How do you know?

I have a feeling, Prett giggled. What do you think of names because I might have one. One for if he looks Castan and one for if he looks Pent.

Wait a minute, Tollin said, stopping her. I have a job here. I'm literally becoming the general in two days! Where will I put him?

Angry, Prett spat, You'll find a place. Don't talk about our son as if he's a burden. Because he's not!

Prett could feel him back away before he said, Okay. I'm sorry. I'll figure something out. Now, what are those names?

Taking a deep breath, Prett said, You know Ofra Corryn? Prett didn't wait for a reply. Well, she is amazing and her story is amazing. Instead of doing a family name, I wanted to name our son after her. His Pent name would be Ophryn and his Castan name could be Ryn.

So he didn't get on Prett's bad side again, Tollin said, They sound lovely.

Good, Prett replied. I was hoping you would say that.