Lucifer x reader - Betrayal

Words: ~ 475 words

Warning: angst?

Pairing: Lucifer x reader

Summary: Lucifer betrays the reader and has to live with the consequences.

"I'm done with you. I don't want to ever see you again."

Lucifer still remembers your word, the tears in your eyes and your hurtful expression. He fucked up, he fucked up so, so bad. You were everything he had but now you're probably gone forever. You two will never be the same. His beloved soulmate doesn't want him anymore.

"How could you do this to me?"

Honestly, he has no idea. How could he have done this to you? You never did something wrong to deserve this. On the contrary, you treated him well and always listens to his problems and grief because of his family. In Lucifer's eyes you were the only one he could trust and open up to. You were the perfect girlfriend for him because you could laugh at his sarcastic jokes instead of being offended by them and you always forgave him if he made something stupid. But this time it's nothing what can be easily forgiven.

He betrayed your trust, your love, your devotion and now he has to pay for that.

He doesn't know why he slept with someone else. Well he knows why, he wanted a son and it was too dangerous for you to produce one. But now he asks himself how he could thought that a son is more important than you. Sure, a son would give him the opportunity to great power but you made him feel loved and at home.

Now, Lucifer doesn't even think of producing an heir but about your touch and the warmth he felt when you were in his arms.

Maybe if he had talked to you about his plans you would still be with him. But it's too late to think about this now.

"I loved you."

Oh, and how he loved you too, he still does. Lucifer loves you with every fiber of this being, you were the best thing that ever happened to him.

The devil never thought he could love someone, let alone a human but you proved him wrong. More importantly, he never thought someone would be able to love him back. People think he's pure evil and ever bad thing happened because of him but you never seemed to care about that.

Still, he looks after you during your hunts with Sam and Dean. He just can't trust these Winchesters with protecting you. Of course, he makes sure to stay hidden, after what happened you would never allowed him to follow and protecting you.

Even a month after the two of you last talked you're all he thinks about. The worst thing is that he can understand your decision. Lucifer doesn't deserve your forgiveness, not after what he had done. But he has no idea how he should be able to live without you. He's alone again.

"It's over."