Chapter 45 - Dream Big Michael

Start from the beginning

Why do stacks of waffles take so long?

- Flashback - 

"Michael!" I turned around to see my only friend, Calum Hood, running towards me. He was holding two flyers, and he handed one to me.

"What's this Cal?"

"A competition! Best neatly done math test! It's for ten extra points on the test! We can get everything wrong and earn a full score! As long as it's neat!" Calum exclaimed.

"We're not doing this. Luke Hemmings is going to win."

"Luke Hemmings?"

"The kid with the blue eyes and blonde hair, he's in year nine like you." I explained.

"Oh, Mikey he might give up his spot for-"

"He won't give up a spot for a higher math GPA than the rest of the class."

"Also, Mr. McCormick would like to see you." He added.

Calum ran off through the hallways, joyfully waving to everyone and they only waved awkwardly back. He even did it to Luke Hemmings, and he just gave a quick smile, but ignored it. I stopped getting into their buisness, and I walked to the science teacher's room.

"Mr. McCormick, you wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Michael. Have a seat." I took a seat in a random kid's desk. Realizing it was Luke's, I quickly walked to the other front seat. Mr. McCormick grabbed a seat and faced me, files and pink detention slips in his hands.

"Mr. McCormick, not a detention! I already got one last week, and my mum will kill me!"

"These aren't for you, Michael. I have a question." He started. "How would you like to attend a Blink-182 concert with a classmate?"

"I think y-you mean Michael Sanders, the good kid who gets the prizes on Fridays." I rambled. My science teacher just shook his head.

"I mean, Michael Gordon Clifford." He said.

"Me out of all people? The worst kid in year nine besides Calum Hood?" I asked. He just casually nodded.

"My parents have told me that your grades are dropping, and that you start homework at twelve every night. In the time you don't do homework, you jam to Blink-182 and you play guitar." Mr. McCormick explained. Did he really just say 'jam' as a sixty two year old man?

"I'm giving you a quick experience, because I want you to succeed in music I'm guessing."

All I could do was eagerly nod.

"So here are the tickets, go with anyone."

"Mr. McCormick thank you so much! Calum will be so excited!"

"No problem, kid. Dream big Michael."

I walked out of the room, and immediately bumped into Luke Hemmings. His books flew everywhere and his papers scattered around the hallway. I rolled my eyes, helping him stack up a few papers and books before heading the opposite direction. I barely knew that kid, I only knew he was super smart with math. Other than that, I never really payed attention to him.