Chapter 43 - Dream Big Calum

Zacznij od początku

I chuckled softly, plopping myself down onto the couch. Amayra took her stuff, slowly packing everything into one bag. She sat down next to me for a second, giving me a side hug and then leaving the studio room with her bag.

I opened up my backpack, to see my lyric book with all of the songs that I have personally made. 'No Regrets,' the one we are recording, was the first song that I have ever written, and I'm quite proud of it. I leaned back on the couch and put my head into my hands.

- Flashback -  

"Calum? Calum Hood? Answer me right this second young man!" the teacher hit my desk with her wooden ruler, and I looked at her with wide eyes. She put the ruler down and ripped the brown journal right out of my hands.

"Ms. Swan! You can't do that! That's invasion of my property!" I yelled.

"Oh really, huh? Let's see.."

The classroom went silent, as Ms. Swan looked through the only page filled out in my journal. I hid my head in my sweater, praying that she wouldn't read it out loud. She just closed the book and placed it on her desk.

"Class is dismissed early. Have a good Friday. Hood, stay after class."

As soon as the entire class left, I was the only one there. Ms. Swan took a chair and scooted it in front of me, taking a deep breath. She handed me my journal back, and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Calum. This-"

"Is unacceptable. I know. Just give me the detention slip now, I want to go home." I grumbled. She shook her head and looked at me closely. I leaned back a bit, afraid of what she would do to me. Ms. Swan opened up the first page and shoved the book at me. "Give it a good look."

"Ms. Swan, I have. I know okay." I mumbled.

"Calum, this-"

"I get it just give me the detention slip so I can-"

"Calum this is really good. The song, it's beautiful."

I tilted my head, my eyes wide and my mouth slightly opened. I have never been complimented by any teacher at this school, and Ms. Swan was my first. My sixth grade teacher was my first. I smiled brightly at her, before starting to pack my bags.

"Thank you, Ms. Swan." I said.

"No problem Calum. Maybe you could teach your trouble making friend Michael a little song writing. He needs some discipline."

"Nah, Ms. Swan. Let Michael be Michael." I mentioned. "He could be a song writer one day, but just let him be himself for now."

"Calum, is this really you? You never say these kind of things." Ms. Swan questioned. I laughed lightly, noticing she was absolutely confused.

"It is me, Calum Thomas Hood."

I exited the classroom, and reached my locker. I dumped all of my school books into the small blue storage and shut it quickly, anxious to get home. As I headed for the back door exit, Ms. Swan walked right by me, before changing her direction to the teacher's lounge.

"Dream big Calum."

- End of Flashback - 

I stared down at my hands for a few seconds. Wiggling my fingers around, I stood up and entered the recording room. I paced around the room a few times, waiting for the boys to get back with Anthony, but it seemed like it would take a while.

"No regrets." I sang to myself. "The world in a brand new picture."

"Don't even have to worry just imagine." a voice sang. I jumped at the sound and turned around to see Luke there, chewing on his gummy worms. I laughed at his red face, probably from running away from Michael. "What?" he said, his voice muffled.

Luke tossed a gummy worm quickly into the air, and I caught it into my mouth. I looked around the room, to see only Luke back.

"Where's Ash, Anthony, and Mikey? Amayra left by the way."

"Oh, Anthony got lost in the hallways and Ashton's with him. Michael doesn't know I'm here, he still hasn't caught me yet." Luke explained, tossing the empty bag into the trash can. I sat on the floor, patting a spot next to me for Luke.

"Random thought Cal." Luke mumbled.

"What?" I asked, resting my head onto his shoulder.

"Random thought, of the past. I've been having those lately." Luke whispered into my ear. My eyes went a bit wide, but just switched back to their original state. Yes, I had the same 'blast to the past' thought, but I didn't think much of it.

Mumma Hood: You should.

I sighed, shutting off my phone and tossing it to the side. Maybe I was meant to have that small memory. It did help me become the person I am now. Shrugging, I breathed in Luke's scent of honey and sweet tea.

"Calum? Were you even listening?" Luke asked, waving his hands around.

"Sorry, Luke. I zoned out."

"It's alright. So, I was thinking, date night?"

"Tonight?" I questioned, getting a nod. "Sure."

"Cool." Luke mumbled.

"Cool." I replied, kissing him on the lips. It was soft and innocent, but it quickly turned into a full on makeout session.

"GUYS! I- HOLY BULLCRAP!" Ashton exclaimed, covering his eyes. He stumbled backwards into the couch. Anthony rolled his eyes as we bolted apart. Michael came in shortly after, his eyes darting from Luke, to the empty bag in the trash bag.

"Luke, you owe me fifty cents."

"Here." Luke replied, reaching under the grand piano. "That's a dime, two more dimes, and a quarter. Keep the change."

Michael lightly slapped Luke on the cheek, as he took the money. Luke smiled proudly, and I looked into his deep eyes. They were beautiful. "So Luke, wanna tell me about what happened at the charity event a day ago?"

Luke nodded, cutely smiling at me.

--

2/4 of Dream Big is done!

I think the 'flashbacks' are super cute and cool.

Vote? Comment? Share? Follow?

Tyasm, see ya soon :) x