All kinds of cheesy

(Regarding the song: I had to XD)

I told myself like two seconds ago that I'd get to sleep, but an hour before that I'd told myself to write a cheesy-ass fireworks one shot. My mental debate (with interjections from insomnia), was obviously won by the latter.

Later edit: I did get it out on the right day! Success!

Right. Not everyone lives in the USA. This is a proven fact. I am perfectly aware that not everyone celebrates the fourth of July, but I do, so you're dealing with a (previously stated) cheesy-ass fireworks one shot.

That's right, I've become a standard Wattpad author. Next thing you know I'll be writing about angsty teen characters with not-quite-canon gay ships and drama with deep moral applications that only half the fandom pays attention to anyway-

...

Dammit.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

~ Helena's PoV (I gave you Lysander x Demetrius, it's only fair that I give you the other half of that headcanon) ~

"Baaabe! All the big, fun, explodey ones will be gone if we don't get there before everyone else!" Hermia whined for the fifth time this page.

I huffed and closed my book halfway, earning a smug grin from her.

"Hermia. You know I love you, but you're trying to drag me away from Christopher Marlowe under the pretense that we need to buy light-up boxes from the shady parking lot tent with a cashier of questionable background, all so we can celebrate a holiday originating in a country neither of us are from."

Hermia nodded along with each point I made.

"Mhm, that's exactly what I'm doing. Now come on!"

I grumpily closed my book and gently set it on the coffee table. I'll be back soon, I tried to tell it via telepathy, which was interrupted by my ever-talkative girlfriend.

"Besides, why would you sit and read things written by authors from the fourteenth century when you could be outside, spending time with your loved ones?" She half-joked. I rolled my eyes.

Just as I remembered, the shady parking lot tent was crammed with colorful boxes with names spanning the line between unimaginitive and downright cringy. To my concern (and slight awe), Hermia knew what each of them did and had quickly honed in on the ones that would "Make the boys regret letting me choose this year," as she had said with a rather sadistic grin.

"Artillery Shells, Canned Snakes, Angry Trolls, Rocketman, Gold Dust, classic smoke bombs, the little snap pellets that make Lysander yelp, and a shit ton of sparklers," she summed up after roving around the tent for no more than ten minutes.

I was done questioning her immense knowledge of fireworks at this point; it's all I had been doing as she hunted down the contents of our three plastic bags.

"So where are we setting these off this year?" I asked as we loaded the bags into her car.

"Well, Lysander suggested the big field on the corner of Oleander and Madison, but I figure half the town will be over there come nine o'clock because the city is setting off the big ones a few blocks down," she explained in her I'll-pretend-to-know-but-I'm-actually-just-figuring-this-out-right-now voice.

"'Tania said downtown, Oberon mentioned that that was probably illegal, Puck enthusiastically explained how that was the best part, so we're NOT doing downtown..."

A good portion of the car ride was spent in silence after that, but then I snapped my fingers.

"I've got it!" Hermia looked at my curiously. "You know the really tall building on campus, the one they finished last year for the psych program?"