The tropiest trope to ever have troped

I had an idea for a wolf/vampire AU after watching a thing on YouTube about Magnus and Alec from Shadowhunters (I don't watch the show, I've only read Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince. Nevertheless, it was cute). I didn't want to make a separate book of it, and so I thought to myself:

"Wait, I have a one shot book that practically breathes AUs. Oh yeah."

So here it is! I'm using the classic 'vampires and werewolves don't get along' shabang, but the vampires are super organized and the werewolves are more anarchistic. Any non-agressive contact between them is considered disgraceful.

Let's just jump right in and afterwards I'll scrub my brain within an inch of my life, because I wrote a teen vampire story what the fuck was I thinking-

~ Horatio's PoV (he's physically 5-6 or so btw) ~

I winced as a twig cracked loudly under my foot. I was definitely going to have to work on being quieter if I was going to do this again.

I peeked behind me, hoping and praying that the noise hadn't woken my parents. I would be in big trouble if they caught me sneaking out to the woods.

Deeming myself safe, I continued my journey, immediately finding my child's mind confused by the maze of enormous trees (think forbidden forest style trees). I walked slowly along the path. It was a rather calming forest once you stopped being scared of every little thing.

"Who are you?" asked a voice from behind me. I whipped around, terrified, to see a boy about my age.

He had a large jacket on that looked like it had been worn through at least five different natural disasters. His face and clothes were covered in little splotches of mud, and what might've been blood. He eyed me warily.

"Who are you?" he asked again.

"M-my name is Horatio," I said, a bit frightened.

"What pack are you from, Horatio? I don't think I've seen you before." He took a few steps towards me, more curious than anything.

"What? Vampires don't have packs, dummy. We have clans." I shook my head at the thought of this boy not knowing the first thing about his species.

"Wait... you're a vampire?" His eyes widened, losing the curiosity and replacing it with distrust.

"Yes. Aren't you?" I shot back. The boy glared at me. He ran a hand through his hair; colored a wheat-gold that looked much too bright against his general mood. He growled, his eyes changing to a bright yellow.

"I'm a werewolf. You need to leave my territory. Now," he commanded. I stayed silent for a few seconds before bursting into laughter.

"Ha! You can't tell me what to do! You're just a pup!"

He growled again. "No I'm not! I am Hamlet, and my father is the alpha! You will do as I say!" he shouted. I scoffed.

"Yeah? Well my mother is the chieftess, so we're even!" I yelled back.

"Well... well... ugh! It's no fun to fight if we're even. I don't have anything to use against you, I don't know anything about you."

I nodded in agreement. "My father says that you should be friends with people you have something in common with," I stated out of the blue. "Our parents are both leaders, that's something we have in common."

Hamlet considered this for a moment. "I guess you're right. So... are we friends?"

I walked up to him, holding my hand out to shake. He took it, giving me a large, toothy smile.