After war part 1( flippy/flippy x reader)

(I TRIED searching a little to know somewhat about military ranking but it confused me so if you know how to put it in terms of understatement that would be greatly appreciated! That was my I'm sorry about getting it wrong if I do lol)

(also this is a gender neutral reader)

"Sergeant blue, you needed us?" Flippy said strongly, as a soldier should. One of the reasons I looked up to him, he is strong, smart, funny; but keep that on the DL infront of a certain higher up (aka sergeant blue) he dont take kindly to immaturity. The others. Go ahead it makes the day if you get them to laugh their ass off. And he is hot!

"Soldier flippy, (y/n), Andy, Carl, seth. Do you know about the other side?" Oh shit. This is serious! I dont know much about the other side. Except for the fact they capture and experiment on soldiers for fun.

All our faces drop.

"You five were selected for a mission to get info. Anything is useful. Coordinates on other bases, experiment plans, war tactics and what else you can find. This is a dangerous mission and Im sorry to say this but we can't guarantee you will come back alive or unharmed. But you are our best... So take these and prepare your selves to turn them in and leave off day after tomorrow at 6 am. Understood?" He had handed us a 'our last words' letter... My hands started shaking and tears fill my eyes. Yes were the best at scouting and retrieving info, I know for sure me and flippy was taught to fight and scout by our dad's since we was little.

"Understood.." We all said weakly. He dismissed us and he lefted along with Andy, Carl, and Seth. It was just me and flippy now.

"Well damn.." Was all he said with his head down.

"Well damn is right, they're sending us on a suicide mission and we can't do a damn thing." I said defeated. Amd sat in one of the spinny chairs with my hands in my hair. I felt like a twih about to snap, and I know I'm about to. Flippy is a positive person so he's about to try and cheer me up but I'm just going to get pissed. He knows I will but he will do it anyways.

We have known each other since childhood because of our dad's, and got closer when we found each other in the army. Obviously he got to enter four years before me at 16, so he knew the ropes and all that fun stuff and help me get to where I am right now when I entered at 16 also. At this very moment I'm 19 hes 23..

"Can't think the worst yet, we need to have some kind of spirit if we want to live (y/n) and you know it." I slam my hands on the table and stand up. Anger and fear on my mind keeping me from logical thinking unlike him.

"Easy for You to say. Your the most positive person here and your always war ready! Its like your here to fuck with us. I'm ready to fight and I'm not afraid of dying you know that, but I am afraid of being a tortured and used up experimental play thing for these sick fucks! We just revived a our last words letters they expect us to die! Were just a pawn to be trashed! I dont want to die like that." I yelled at him with tears falling. He put his head down. It was silent for a few minutes.

"I know that, trust me im scared to. but we're here to protect our country and if dying in a war changing mission helps others stay safe then, I will give it my damnest even if I'm going to die... Like that... Because if we dont stop them they will go for not just soldiers but for civilians... I dont want to die either (y/n). But do you want kids getting hurt? This is our job scary as it is we give them freedom and safety." I look down and let tears fall. I nodded my head and im thankful for him right now.

"Thank You flippy I needed it... Im sorry about what I said." He smiled and walked to the door.

" Its ok, I know you didn't mean it. Tomorrow lets meet at conference room 6 and descuse some kind of plan. Multible ones in case plan A fails. We need to be prepared." He walked out with those few words.