Prologue

"Perhaps Botox would be of help

"Perhaps Botox would be of help. My lips hardly seem appealing."

"Megan, honey, that's because that lipstick does not do your face any justice. Consider a more inconspicuous shade, you don't want to accentuate your thin lips further," I state confidently, pulling small strands of blonde hair from my tight ponytail to frame my face as I stare into the mirror. "Botox is for self-conscious individuals. Women like us embrace our flaws- for we are blessed with rather pretty ones. Remember, what you might consider flaws, others consider their beauty traits."

Ashley sighs as she closes her locker door and turns to me with a sarcastic smile, "oh, Amora, if only you could share your confidence with others."

As I roll my eyes, a small satisfied smile stretches the corner of my lips, "I would if they could return the favor by granting me the time I spent building it." I adjust the baby blue skirt on my waist, to match the ones of Megan and Ashley. "Now, we are late already. Go ahead before me, I'll be ready and out there in a moment."

Dismissing them, I pull the matching baby blue tank top out of my locker as their white sneakers screech against the marble floor numerous times, eventually exiting through the noisy door and leaving me by myself. I roll my eyes when I hear them speaking to a man behind the door and graceful giggles emit from their mouths.

I've taught them well.

As a breeze of cold air brushes against my upper bare skin, I search through my locker for a sports bra, ignoring the sound of the door opening.

Huffing in frustration, I realize I forgot to bring a sports bra, so instead I decide to settle with the bra I have already donned. I reach for the cheerleader tank top just as warm arms wrap around my bare stomach, a soft breath sprawling over my exposed neck, sending a shiver down my spine.

I glance down at the muscular arms in recognition, a wide smile slowly forming on my face as my heart jolts with elation and excitement. My stomach performs a somersault when soft lips kiss me on the bottom of my neck and trail along my shoulder, stopping on my bra strap to pull it over my shoulder with his teeth. I bite my bottom lip as goosebumps arise on my skin, his hot breath running back up my neck and fanning my ear.

"Miss me?"

With a genuine grin still prominent on my face, I turn in his arms and face the deep brown eyes, crinkled in the corners with a wide smile to match mine.

"Nathan!" I squeal happily as I throw my arms over his shoulders and pull him close. He leans down into the hug, tightening his arms around my torso. His soft yet rough palms run along my bare back. "I didn't know you were coming!"

He chuckles into the crook of my shoulder and then looks as I pull my head off his sculpted shoulders to kiss him on the cheek as he replies, "it was a last-minute thing," he says as I peck his lips repeatedly despite his attempts to speak normally. His smile widens as my pecks move to his cheek and then pull his forehead down to my height to reach it with my lips. "I had some spare time and since I haven't seen you in a while I decided to come here and surprise you. Judging by the fact that you can't seem to abstain from spreading your lipstick all over my face, I'm going to assume you are happy I did."