(二十) | Boy Meets Evil Pt II

Jimin did understand, but not really well. Was the curse that he was in a magical chamber? Or that he didn't die? Or that he was stuck in the place between life and the afterlife? Or that he changed worlds?

There were literally a dozen ways with which he could explain the other man's words. The man that looked exactly like him none the less.

“I don't understand, who are you? And where am I? And why am I here?” Jimin asked without missing a beat, rushed hushed and urgent. Like he couldn't wait to know what it was. He didn't even know if he was alive.

The man whistled at the questions, and Jimin didn't know what to assume but he guessed the other Jimin was a witch, judging from the dexterity of his fingers, the assured way with which he played with the magical wand.

“Easy, take it easy young man.” He smiled, all bright and sunny, evidently amused despite the seriousness of the situation.  “I'm Park Jimin. You are in Min Yoongi's Magic Shop and you're here because you were going to die and we saved you, duh!”

“Yuh-you saved me? But why? I wanted to die, I meant it. Who allowed you to save me?” Jimin's voice was calm, but fire was coursing through his veins nonethless.

“Because you'll kill me with you, dumbass! What allows me in your darn opinion?” Servant Jimin exclaimed, and Jimin seemed to just then realize that he was going to take the other Jimin's life with him too. He didn't even take it into consideration.

“Oh that. I didn't think of it, I'm sorry.” Jimin muttered in apology, and there was a gleam in servant Jimin's eyes, an edgy droopy stare that was at best unimpressed. For how did he fail to realize he'd die with him when he realized that you kill your similar in the other world for sure. Wasn't it the thing he was running from anyways when it came to Jungkook and Taehyung?

Another man came in, a mint haired man that looked very young despite the gleam in his eyes. A gleam that looked thousands of years of age, that looked experienced and knowing. The golden in his eyes made it very hard to look elsewhere, he was breathtaking to say the least.

“I think you got to take your Royal advisor's arrogance down a notch, and listen to what he's got to say, because it's a good idea.” Jimin said before he went to sit on a chair, leaving the room for the mint haired man to get close to him.

“So, to make things easy, for things are never that easy. I had temporarily stopped the curse.” Yoongi muttered, and Jimin blinked at this. He was able to stop the curse? Stop them from moving worlds for once and for all? That was pretty impressive.

“How?” Jimin asked, not knowing what else to say. He noticed for the first time that day how his eyes seemed to lose their golden shine as soon as Jimin asked his question.

“Im a witch, a very old one. I know many tricks.” Yoongi said, and Jimin remembered all the stories Taehyung used to tell him about a very strong witch of all time living in their country. How that particular witch could dissolve wars, bring rain, save lives, how it was capable of anything and everything, and his mouth just went open in shock. Could it be he was speaking to the Golden Witch?

“So you saved me because you didn't want your friend to die, yeah?” Jimin asked, and Yoongi nodded, even when he didn't seem one hundred percent positive at that very particular reply.

“The plan was, I'll trigger the curse to stop by overworking your body by a spell. If you get tired, you lose the power to change worlds so you get stuck in a world. That's exactly what I did.” Yoongi explained. The witch was indeed worlds better than Jimin could've hoped. But Jimin failed to see the reason behind such an act to begin with.

“But why?” Jimin turned to the other Jimin, pausing a bit as he took in the ashen shade to his face. He assuned he was probably worried about the conversation they were having. But now that he thought about it, Jimin didn't seem very focused on their conversation at all.

Before Jimin could ask if everything was okay, the other stood, taking his wand and smiling, a little forced, as he nodded to him in the distance and leaving. Yoongi nodded back, noticing the way Jimin lost all the color in his face.

“We wanted to kill Jungkook, but Jimin is having second thoughts.” Yoongi muttered, frowning slightly. Jimin nodded, exiting the room but not before sending a look, lightning fast, to Yoongi, who didn't seem to have noticed. Jimin raised an eyebrow but didn't comment. Yoongi carried on his explanations.

“Because I wanted this bullshit to stop. I knew that if you got stuck in the other world, you'd attempt something like killing yourself so we're sorry for lowkey planning it. But it was kind of predictable from the way you were trying to contain the curse in vain. We had expected that after your attempt of suicide, Taehyung would kill Jungkook to revenge. But this didn't happen, for Jungkook stopped being an asshole for once.”

“But won't killing Jungkook kill the other Jungkook?” Jimin asked, eyes squinting, and Yoongi kept his eyes trained on the gaze of Jimin looking at him.

“Not if the curse was stopped. You were already temporarily stuck in one world, so the curse was over. You also were dead so If Taehyung killed King Jungkook, the other Jungkook would still be alive.” Jimin blinked, more than a little impressed but still surprised nevertheless.

“How do you even know what happens?” Jimin felt his face stutter, waver in shock at the thought, but he quickly reined his expression back in, flicking his eyes up to study Yoongi, who was the picture of calm, who didn't seem fazed at all.

“I have a sort of mirror that allows me to do so, I'm a witch, remember?” Yoongi replied with a wry smile. Something about mentioning his tricks to a human didn't seem like his cup of tea. “Which leads me to say, Taehyung and Jungkook are going crazy looking for you, you need to go back.”

“The other version of me never went back?” Jimin asked in shock, for wasn't the other Jimin supposed to take his place? But it seemed that the other Jimin never did anything at all, he left all the work for him.

“He stayed with me, there's nowhere else he needs to be.” Yoongi muttered almost defensively, and it confirmed Jimin's thoughts. The other Jimin never went anywhere, he didn't try to change a thing, and maybe it was a good thing. It could've made things way more complicated.

“So, are you going to take me back?” Jimin asked, feeling his chest fill with joy to be able to finally go back where he belonged.

“Exactly, welcome back.”

16.07.19