SIX

What should I do? I can't stand myself being so weak.
I need to bring an end to this love.

JENNIE

Junghwa woke up an hour after the two women had drugged him.

And Jennie laughed.

An evil, wicked laugh. One that would scare kids, and their parents. One that would make even the most atrocious being tremble. One that made Lisa shiver next to her.

And that last bit made Jennie smile.

She felt... powerful.

Junghwa's expression betrayed both his fear and confusion, and the brunette thought it was finally time to get her revenge, for all those years of lies. She was ready to make him regret everything, to make him beg for her forgiveness.

She took a few steps forward and crouched down in front of him, Lisa still behind her, and the man looked down to meet her gaze.

"Hi, babe," she said, the pet name living a bitter taste on her tongue.

"Jen...?" He looked up at Lisa, then back down at Jennie. "What-"

"-don't you recognize her ?" she cut him off, a smirk never leaving her face.

"I... no?" he said, clearly lying, and Lisa chuckled bitterly.

"Please, Jung, don't try to save yourself, it's pathetic" She took a step forward and brushed a strand of hair off his face.

Junghwa closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath before looking straight into Jennie's eyes again, his eyes were already teary, fueling the girl's anger.

"Alright, f-fine, I'm sorry honey I-" Before he could even finish his sentence, Jennie's hand met his face in what she hoped was a painful slap (Judging on the marks her rings left on his face and the silent scream that left his mouth, she did good enough).

"Don't you dare call me honey, not after what you did" She said, standing up, her voice cold and menacing, making him shiver in front of her. He looked absolutely terrified, probably not understanding what was happening to him, and mostly what happened to his sweet fiancee.

"Alright, Jennie. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I promise I can explain," He said, so quickly the girls could barely understand it. "J-Just please let me go,"

"Oh you will explain" Lisa answered and Jennie stood out next to her.

"But not how you met her, Jung. I don't care about that, we're over anyway." He opened his mouth to protest but was immediately cut off by the older girl. "How did you find this... Wait, no. Just tell me... Who the hell are you, Junghwa. What do you hide" There was a slight hint of despair in her voice, but he didn't seem to catch it. His eyes became wide, and he suddenly noticed his opened safe, displaying all the expensive jewels and money. And in a second, all the warmth left in his eyes vanished. They were cold as ever, and if the fear wasn't here to contrast the anger that took place in his gaze, Jennie would have been terrified of him.

It was like... It was like she had a stranger in front of her.

But then again, that's how she felt after discovering Lisa, and the safe, and everything else.