Caught in the Middle~Chapter 7

“Thanks for telling me about the guys and everything, but I wanted to know about the…” I paused to think of the right word, “tension.” A confused look crossed Roxy’s face before her eyes widened and her mouth formed into an O shape.

“Oh, um, uh, well they have a bit of a love hate relationship.”  I rolled my eyes.

“Oh really?”

“Anyone else would probably say ‘it’s not my story to tell’, but Cameron and I are the only ones who know about their issues with each other and I need to talk. We were all best friends, and we still are…kind of. Once we got into middle school Sage and Landon started to get hot, and the girls in our lovely town started to turn into whores. The guys would make out with girls during lunch, by the buses, at the bus stop, on the bus; gosh those buses should be monitored better.” She paused for a moment to look around at the people sitting near us, sending dirty looks in their directions.

 “Anyway in ninth grade Sage and Landon both smashed and trashed three girls each, but multiple times with each of them. Over the summer Landon found a girl who he relatively cared about, to an extent. She was the only girl who he was in a relationship with for over two weeks. Only he got scared when he realized he wanted to keep dating her. Landon sort of got distant though, because he’s not used to actually liking someone.”

Our Spanish teacher was walking around passing out papers. “Take all the time you need, you can talk I don’t really care. If you don’t finish it’s for homework.”

“This class will be easy, go on.” I was eagerly leaning in to listen to the apparent secret history of the great Landon and Sage.

Speaking of Landon, I looked past Roxy to watch him work his charm. The girl he was sitting next to obviously loved his attention. She flipped her hair and giggled like a school girl. He flipped his hair and leaned on her desk. He whispered something in her ear and once again a high pitched giggle rang around the room. This caused a smirk to plaster across his face.

“We were at a party and the chick got drunk or something and started going at it with Sage.  She said later that she ’needed to be loved’. Sage didn’t know about her, because Landon didn’t want to be made fun of or anything. So only I knew, but he was planning on telling the other two at the party. Sage had no idea he was having sex with his best friends girlfriend. Until said best friend walked into the room and started freaking out.”

“Doesn’t Landon know Sage didn’t know? Why would he get mad?”

“Well, after Sage took a punch to the face Landon realized that. Apologies were exchanged and the girl pretty much hid under her hood all of sophomore year. In tenth grade Sage’s dad and Landon’s mom started dating, they were pretty happy about that.” Her eyes darkened over and she looked down. “And after that at the New Year’s party I kind of maybe hooked up with Sage.”

“Kind of maybe?” She slowly nodded her head. “You can talk to me about it, if you want. I mean the guys probably aren’t much fun to talk about girl stuff with.”

“You have no idea how awkward it is. They try to be nice and ask about my relationships, but it always ends bad.”

“Bad like stuffed in a box or bad like hospitalize?”

“Sage broke a guy’s jaw, and Landon and Cameron locked me in a bathroom. Other times they just change the subject.” Her face looked thoughtful for a moment before she jumped back to life. “Hay we got of topic!” We look at each other and at the same time made a funny face then laughed. This chic is like looking in a mirror, besides the appearance and everything. “Yeah so they both had a big fight, then I guess it’s just little things.”