❀ seven ❀

One moment, he thought of the world as sunshine and rainbows. The next moment, he fell into the darkness, felt nothing else but an outcast.

How could he be so foolish?

Of course, Seokjin has a new best friend.

Of course, it wasn't him anymore, not the person whom he spent his elementary and high school days with. It was his co-worker, Jisoo. His co-worker back in Australia whom he calls a best friend. Whoever she is, she had been with Seokjin within those four years in Australia.

She had been Namjoon's replacement. Ever since that rejection. She had been talking to Seokjin, taking care of him. She was like a sister; Namjoon was once like a brother.

She had been with Seokjin through all of his rough times. She had been the shoulder Seokjin would cry on whenever he needed to. She had been the person Seokjin could approach, spill dark secrets even. She had been making Seokjin happy in his days of loneliness.

All of this happened when it could've been him. He could've been there for him. He could've been the person by his side. But no.

It was Jisoo.

He really wanted to slap his head at his stupidity. Of course, he had a new best friend. Finding new friends and changing into a different person was inevitable. Everyone changes. Preferences change.

And so does Seokjin.

Namjoon found it to be hilarious. How he thought he was irreplaceable. A vow they made unspokenly, was a vow that was meant to break. He wanted to laugh. He wanted to laugh at himself for thinking of such a thing. He wanted to curse at himself for being so stupid. He wanted to cry out the weighing pain in his heart.

He had been replaced by someone else.

Not only does Seokjin not love him anymore, but he also replaced him.

Namjoon was replaced. By someone who he believes to be better than him.

He should be thankful though. For Jisoo. Thankful for her since she took care of Seokjin back in Australia when he couldn't. But the sensation of jealousy had filled his lonely heart, repressing the acceptance to the pit of his stomach.

She was Seokjin's best friend for a while, he said.

Jisoo, not Namjoon.

"Hey Namjoon, are you okay?"

Inside the lobby they walked, heading back to their room located on the seventh floor. Namjoon doesn't look at Seokjin, at least, not just yet. Not with the emotions of jealousy and mild anger lingering in his head.

"I'm alright hyung..." He bluntly replied. Though he wasn't, both of them knew very well.

Outside their bubble was the faint voices of the people in the lobby, chattering and going about with their day. Inside the bubble, however, was utter silence between the two friends. A very much uncomfortable silence that more so bothers the eldest.

Seokjin stole a glance from him. Namjoon still looked troubled. He tried his best to not let out a sigh. He slipped his hands into his pockets, convinced that what he had said earlier was the reason for the younger's current attitude.

It seemed to be the only plausible reason as of the moment.

Enveloped in this awkward atmosphere, they continued to remain silent. Namjoon didn't bother to say anything while Seokjin, on the other hand, felt the need to say something. To break the silence that fell upon them.