✽ one ✽

Click... Click... Click...

Seokjin lazily taps on the 'up' key for about four times before hovering his finger over the 'right' key and tapping on it again.

Having to work from 8 to 15 in the office, it is unavoidable for him to feel lazy and tired. An employee from a small company in Australia, that's what he was and right now, he was finishing up with his work; although he didn't have the energy to use all of his fingers to type.

He heaved a stressed sigh.

The office was empty, the lights were dim, and the only bright lights that stood out in this darkness were from Seokjin's computer and the one from his co-worker's.

Seokjin pressed the backspace then he pressed the letter 'e' on the keyboard. Once that was done, he lets out another sigh, lying back on his chair and relaxing for a bit.

"Finished?"

The voice disrupted the quiet atmosphere of the room, but then it fell into silence again. Seokjin turns his head towards his co-worker and sees her with two mugs of coffee on hand. Ah, just what he needed at the moment.

He shakes his head at her with a smile. "No, not yet. But I could use some energy so that I can finish it."

Jisoo chuckles. "Alright, mister. Have some coffee then." She sets one of the mugs down on Seokjin's desk, with the latter smelling the aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

Amazing.

Jisoo pulls her chair next to Seokjin then she sits down while holding her mug of coffee. "So, how's it?" She asks, looking at Seokjin's screen while sipping her coffee.

He sighed, "almost done. I just want to relax for a moment." He grabs the holder of the mug and lifts it, pulling it closer to him.

Jisoo nods in reply, taking another sip from her coffee.

Both Seokjin and Jisoo are residents of Australia but were born and grew up in Korea. Jisoo had been working in the company for about five years, being an overseas worker. While Seokjin, on the other hand, moved to the country about 3 years ago, to permanently live here because of certain circumstances.

Living in a foreign land, Seokjin was glad that he had met Jisoo and ended up working with her since one, she was fun to have around. Two, he gets to speak in the language he was comfortable with.

"Seriously though, you didn't have to go overtime," Jisoo mentions out of the blue.

Seokjin turns his head to her with a wry smile and an eyebrow raised. "What about you then? A fine lady like you should be heading home to take some beauty rest."

Jisoo lets out a flustered laugh, "shut up." Shaking her head, he drinks from her coffee once again.

Seokjin chuckles. He took a sip from his coffee. 

Silence fell over them once again and with this silence, Jisoo pressed her lips into a line, having something in mind. She wanted to ask him a question although she was reluctant to say it.

Thinking again, it wouldn't hurt to ask right?

"Jin, how are you holding up?"

Seokjin shifted his gaze to her, setting the mug back on top of his desk. With this simple question, he knew what she was asking and this made him purse his lips in thought. "I'm doing fine."

Jisoo hums and nods in reply. "How long has it been again?"

Seokjin looks up at the ceiling, humming in thought. "About, three and a half years."