Promise

"W-What do you mean?"

"I don't want us to get stuck in that store. I would rather eat ice cream in my dorm."

The young one looked at him with confusion.

"I? Do you mean we would rather eat ice cream in your dorm Mark Lee?"

The older rolled his eyes and nodded. Haechan had a little smile that Mark noticed. "What are smiling about?"

"You. You've seem to. . . change."

"I-I have..?"

"Yeah. You would always bully me or something. Whenever we meet in the hallways, you shove me. You would even fight my own cousin. But, I'm glad you've changed Mark. And I'm sorry I didn't like you back then but I still can't return my feelings towards you. Do you still. . . Like me?" He asked the older which made him flinch. "I-I don't. Plus, I'm not gay anymore." He lied.

"O-oh. That's nice."

They both were walking towards Mark's car with silence. But on the other hand, they were still holding hands.

Haechan noticed this strange sweat from the older. He wanted to let go but he knew that the older still had feelings for him. And, well , the younger was feeling a bit weird.

DONGHYUK'S POV

"I'm not gay anymore."

That quickly stop my heart. I didn't know what to say nor do. I couldn't just come at him saying, "Ew. Never knew you were gay." Well, because , I had feelings for him. Back when Mark was bullying me.

Flashback

"Ugh...no. I don't like him now." I scoffed towards Jeno. "What do you mean 'now' " He asked.

"Well...you'll get it. I'll just go to my dorm." I said as I got up and left the younger, trying to figure out what he meant. When I left the cafeteria, I immediately fell onto someone's body. My chest hit the floor extremely hard that even the person that I bumped onto heard it.

"Omg! Are you okay?" He worryingly asked. When I had gotten up properly, I had a better vision of the other guy. "G-Get away from me Mark Lee! I-I don't need your help." I stuttered as I got away from him. I managed to get up and run but my chest hurtled a lot. I started to have an extremely fast pace until I got slower. I started to limp and whine. Then, I felt like I was going to fall on the floor. My legs immediately stopped walking.

I fell.

But not just fell.

I fell onto someone's arms.

And suddenly, everything went black.

A few hours later

"Ugh. . . Where am I?" I groaned. When I looked around, the only person that was there was, of course , Mark Lee. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. He got up and sighed. He rubbed his hands together and just gave me a small smile. "I helped you." Was all he said.

"I said I didn't need your help Mark Lee."

"Well, you did need it. Just today." He told me as he let out a heavy sigh. "Are you this complicated?" He asked me.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked him.

"I mean. . . are you this complicated to get back to? You're always avoiding me." He said. That's true though. I always avoided him from that incident 2 years ago. My left leg tends to hurt a lot when I run. Thank to him.

"Yes. I am hard to get back to, but I always make a right choice of avoiding you. Well . . . I could make another choice. I—" I was immediately cutted off by Mark. "Don't leave SM. Whatever you do, just please don't leave SM. I-I'll be going now." He said as he turned his back to me. He left the room and my friends came in. They all rushed towards me and gave me a hug. "I'm hurting more guys. The pain is on my chest." They all back up and pouted. "I'll be well soon guys. So, no need to act cute."

"We are just worried about you! If Mark wasn't there, you could've been much more injured. So, don't get mad at him Hyuck." Chenle said. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Hopefully you'll get well soon." Jaemin said.

Third Person/EoF

While Mark was driving, his debut song, The 7th Sense, was playing. "...Uh! Now, that's a long ass ride..." He rapped his favorite line. "Your debut was nice." Haechan admitted. "Pfft. Was? It is nice." Mark corrected. The younger rolled his eyes and just looked outside the window.

He saw many nice places and thought about it with someone beside him. Little did he know that the "someone" was right beside him, making a move to hold his hand. Haechan flinched and gestured his hand to move. "Why are you acting weird Mark Lee?" He asked, "Why were you trying to hold my hand?" Mark sighed at his question and just placed his hand on his lap. "Why? Are you even Mark Lee?"

Ouch. Hopefully he doesn't know about though.

Mark lied. "Of course, what do you mean? I have been the Mark Lee I know." He said. His grip on the steering wheel got tighter and sweat was dripping down. He kept licking his lips and let out a sigh.

"Can I just hold your hand? Just for a while." He told the younger.

"Why is that?"

"Because I just want to."

"That's not a good reason Mark."

"I-I.."

"Mark, explain. You're acting weird." The younger's voice rose.

"I can't."

"What do you mean 'I can't?' You have a mouth for a special reason."

Mark got extremely furious and stopped the car in a parallel parking spot.

The two kept bickering about some stupid reason.

"Wh-" The younger got cutted off the Mark's yelling.

"I went back in time! I-I went back in time just for you. I missed you! When we were still not in SM, we were friends. We had a bond. I thought of you as annoying person in the first place but now, we were like best friends. In fact, you were like my second brother. I-I just missed you-" His voice started to crack but he didn't stop. He held his hand onto the younger's but this time he didn't pull away, "I loved you so...much. But I never realized it. In fact, we never realized it. Just promise me that, you will never resign from SM. Promise?" He said as he wiped his tears that fell down and let out a grin.

A grin that expressed love. "I promise..." He said as he gave a grin to the older.
.

.

.

It has been a few months ever since our promise started. It was December and all 14 of them were going to meet up in the 127 dorm for Christmas. "Haechan and Mark, you guys prepare the tree while Ten and I will just cook food." Taeyong told them. They both nodded and they went to the undecorated tree. "We need the angel first." Mark said. Haechan shooked his head. "We need it last." He said.

"First."

"Last."

"No, first."

"Last!"

"First! I'm older so we do it first!"

"Last! Age is just a number!"

The two kept bickering again until they didn't realize that their faces were inches apart. Mark immediately got closer to the younger which made Haechan skip a heart beat.

He closed his eyes.

He felt something on his lips.

Soft.

Yet.

Regretful.

He kissed back but pushed the older. "We can't date yet Mark. We're too young. Plus, we're still in school."

Mark's eyes widened. "We are?! I thought we graduated already!" He exclaimed. The younger scoffed and started placing the decorations on a random branch. "Stop talking and help me Mark Lee."

While they were both helping each other out, Mark whispered something to the younger's right ear.

"Merry Christmas. . . Babe."