"I'm going to miss you." She whispered to me and my heart broke. She doesn't know how much I loved her. So I pulled her into a tight hug.

"It's going to be ok. You'll only be gone for like a week or two." I murmured to her. I could feel my eyes tearing up. It was always so hard to send her off but I know that she will be safe.

I made sure she had everything she needed in her suitcase and I took it outside just as my aunt was pulling up and I went back inside to get her. I waved them both goodbye after convincing my aunt that I was fine with not going with them. I would just be a burden honestly. As I was making my way to my room I felt a sharp tug on my hair causing me to fall down onto the cold hardwood floors.

"You think you can walk... walk around and do whatever you want bitch!" The man slurred. I didn't say anything. I never say anything anymore. I don't fight anymore and me being nonchalant about the pain he inflicts drives him insane. He wants me to cry out. He wants me to beg. He wants me to whimper at his feet. I refuse to though. I refuse to show anything. I just took all the pain because soon I would be leaving this hell hole.

Chris POV

I sat in the kitchen as I gave Rade and Ty their privacy in the bedroom. I know that they needed to work things out. I want them to work things out. It was because of me that they were on bad terms. I was the reason they couldn't move forward in the way they wanted. I sabotaged them and myself. It was just the thought of Camren being hurt that had my mind screaming to eliminate the threat.

Suddenly I heard the front door open and shut. I was left a bit confused on who it could be. I mean me Ty and Rade was in the house. Camren had went home unless it was Ty's dad. Or maybe it was Jay sneaking into the house to see Ty. I just decided to cautiously check but what I saw had me breathless and my blood boiling so hot and heavy.

It was Camren. She stood in the front entrance looking broken and beaten down. Her beautiful curls were messy. Her bottom pink lip was busted. She wore a white long sleeve shirt that was a bit torn and had blood splatters on it.

The sight was disturbing. It was fucking infuriating. It was one thing to know that someone is being abused. It's one to see the hints after someone has healed and hid most of the scars away. Yet, it something entirely different once you get to see the effects of it first hand. It seems like this has just happened and not to just anyone. It was Camren standing in front of me.

"Chris?" She called out my name in shock and disbelief. Then she lowered her head ashamed as she wrapped her arms around herself. It was like she was trying to hide herself away from me. I wanted to yell. I wanted to punched something. No I needed to hurt whoever did this to her. I could feel myself losing control again as my breathing became harsher. I was going to kill somebody. That was my intention.

Yet, when I lifted my eyes to see the fear in hers, I realized she needed me. She was afraid of me. Here I stood showing her that I could possibly be just like the person she just got attacked and hurt by. So I calmed myself and I took a few steps towards her. I know that she is mad at me, but I wanted to change that. I wanted to right my fuck ups. I was about to speak but was cut off by her ragged voice. Her broken voice.

"Don't ask please. I just want to lay down." She murmured. And I understood. I knew what happened so it was no need to discuss it. So I didn't say anything. I just went up to her and I captured her in my arms. She flinched and that kind of hurt my heart but I didn't let go of her. I just led her upstairs into the guest room. Her eyes never left me. She was very stiff and very cautious of me. I couldn't even blame her.

"I want you to know that you don't ever have to worry about me hurting you. I love you Camren. I could never bring myself to harm you." I whispered to her as I looked into her dark brown eyes. She didn't say anything at first. She just looked at me and suddenly I saw a tear run down her cheek.

"I heard that man say that to my mother so many times and look at her now. I could only hope that you are telling the truth. But I don't know if I can do this with you anymore. When you lost control of your temper the other day, you almost killed somebody." She whispered. I closed my eyes tightly.

"I know there is no excuse for my actions. I want to explain to you why I acted the way I did though. I just want, no I need you to trust me. I just need you to know that I would never hurt you Camren. "

"I know you wouldn't. But things change over time and so do people. And I hoped and I prayed that things get better but they never do. I just don't want that for us." She whispered with even more tears falling now. I could only accept and respect what she was saying.

"It won't be us. Just have hope." I said as I pressed a gentle kiss against her forehead.

"Hoping never ends well Chris." She cries out as I held her in my arms and rocked her to sleep. I never left her side that night.