Chapter 13

The next few days come and go the same way. I can sense Charles' constant worry of me planning on leaving without him even saying a word. I know that he now regrets not being able to read my mind but he still refuses to give up the medicine and would prefer to walk than know what I am planning, but it's better this way, for both of us. As the week left just as quickly as it came I was finally able to come to a consensus, I have to leave. One thing that I know about my brother is that his threats are never empty. I would never be able to forgive myself knowing that something happens to Charles and it would be my fault.

Emotions overcome me as I spend my last night with him. We sit at the couch in front of a warm fire as he reads to me in a sweet, rhythmic voice. My heart aches at the thought of leaving as I watch his face twist in every emotion that is displayed in the book, switching his voice for each character, creating a perfect image of what is happening. I'm gonna miss these calm nights.

Eventually, we get up and head to our room, and get ready for bed. I put on my purple nightgown that goes to the halfway point of my thigh. I then brush my hair quickly and put it in two French braids. When I finally finish my nighttime routine, I crawl into my side of the bed and rest my cheek on Charles's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat and counting the times his chest rises and falls with every breath.

Knowing this would be our last night together, I hold him as close as possible. Finally, he places a kiss on my forehead as he does every night, and I almost break down, but I know I have to hold it in so he doesn't know what's happening.

~Time Skip~

About an hour after he falls asleep I finally decide to pry myself out of his tight grasp, then I get ready for my long journey. I pull out a black tank top and matching black Jean's. Then I head over to the closet and pull out my favorite tan leather jacket that is slightly longer than a normal jacket with the matching pair of combat boots.

Then as fast as humanly possible, I put all my clothes and other necessities into two separate duffle bags and place it's by the door. I grab the notebook and pencil off of my bedside counter and write on one of the pages:

Dear Charles,
By the time you read this, I will be long gone. I am sorry for leaving without telling you why or where I went but please, don't try to find me. I can promise you one thing, you are not the reason I left, I left to ensure your safety. I know you might not understand this but please just trust me. Please don't forget me!
Much love,
Y/N

I then look at his peaceful state and lay a long, sweet kiss on his forehead and with that, I leave the house, bags in my hands and nowhere to go with tears rushing down my face.

Hey guys! Sorry if the chapter was bad I am trying to describe things more but I don't know how that worked out. Anyways enjoy the rest of your day! ~Static_Tears