Race

I opened the door and saw that the kitchen light was on. I set my bag down and slowly walked into the hall. "Shota?" I called out. A scarf wrapped around me tightly and dragged me into the living room. I winced from the pain in my ribs, they still hadn't healed all the way.

"Kanna what the hell were you thinking?!" Shota glared at me. "You know how dangerous it was for you to take on the Hero Killer?"

"Okay we are doing this now," I said under my breath. "Of course I know it was dangerous and I know I'm lucky to be alive. I just couldn't sit back knowing my friends were in danger."

"You could have been killed," Shota said releasing me from the scarf. "Not to mention you broke the law. If they hadn't given the credit to Endeavor your career as a pro would be over before it began."

I hung my head in shame, "I know. I'm really sorry Shota. I know I messed up." Before I knew it he pulled me close to him and gave me a hug.

"When I got the call you were in the hospital I feared the worst. When they said you fought the Hero Killer I was sure that they were calling to tell me you were dead." His voice cracked like he was trying to control his emotions. "Because why would that villain let a high school girl live, after she got in his way? I was so scared that you weren't coming home," Shota said holding me tight. Tears began to run down my cheeks. I didn't even realize he would be more worried than angry.

I hugged him back and buried my face in his chest. "I'm sorry Shota. I'm so sorry."

He pulled away and wiped my tears, "just try not to worry me okay?"

I gave him a smile, "I'll try not to."

After we had dinner and I told him all the things I learned, including my new move. He asked me where my costume was and I told him Endeavor had me send it off early to have the holes repaired. He was slightly disappointed that I didn't work on my earth quirk but seemed alright with my fire progress. I also told him how I stood up for Todoroki.

"Endeavor wants you to what?" Shota nearly spat out his tea when I told him.

"Yea, I guess he thinks we would make a good couple," I laughed. "I don't really know though, like Todoroki is nice and all."

Shota looked incredibly annoyed but he just brushed it off. Shortly after he sent me to bed, something about tomorrow being an exciting day. That usually meant a test or something. Hopefully I would be able to participate since my ribs were still healing.

The next day I walked into class and saw Sero and Kirishima laughing at someone. I peeked around them and saw that they were making fun of Bakugo's hair. Somehow it was laying flat instead of his normal spiky hair.

"Shut up!" Bakugo yelled which made them laugh harder.

"How did you even manage that?" Sero said between bursts of laughter.

"It won't go back," Bakugo huffed. "It just got used to being like this."

As I passed I said, "Bakugo your hair looks really good. You should wear it like that more!"

That only made Kirishima and Sero laugh harder. "Shut up you damn Snowflake!" Bakugo shouted. "Keep laughing and I'll kill you idiots!"

I shook my head and sat down in my seat. "I see you managed to survive," Todoroki said from next to me.

"Oh yea," I scratched my head. "Shota was more worried than mad."

"I can see that," Todoroki said as Iida and Midoriya joined us.

The rest of the class was talking about their internships. Asui helped take out some smugglers and Jiro helped with a rescue operation. It seemed like everyone learned something from their time with the pros. Uraraka was in a whole different mood, like she was ready to take down anyone.