One (Bonus Chapter//Colton's POV)

One (Bonus Chapter//Colton's POV) (Edited)

        All day I have been on edge. I had told Jeremy and Lance that I didn't want some stupid party but they insisted. They said it was rude enough that I left for four years and the least I could do was meet my pack. It's not like I didn't want to, I just wanted to find my mate now. She was the entire reason I traveled anyway. As an Alpha, I need to find her to become the best leader I can be. So I set off in search of her in different countries before I narrowed my search down to America.

        Usually wolves with a title can find their mate the moment she or he turns sixteen because that's when their heat comes, but it's been seven years since I've become Alpha and still no mate.

        I sigh as I go against my Beta's wish of me being dressed up like everyone else will be tonight. If he wants me in a suit then he can try and put me in one himself. Key word being try.

        "Colton! Come on, bro! It's about to start!" Lance shouts from downstairs.

        I make my way down to him and ignore his glaring. "Remember who's Alpha here," I growl in annoyance. I hate pulling the Alpha card with my best friend but he's been too pushy lately and my wolf doesn't like it one bit.

        Lance lowers his head in submission and I immediately feel guilty. He's only trying to help me be happy and I'm taking out my frustration about this stupid party on him (although it is his fault).

        "I'm going to go introduce you and make the unmated girls come up so you can rule them out, okay?" he informs me and I nod. The chances of her being here were one in a million and even if she was, wouldn't I have met her by now? I guess I should take into account my packs big size if she's someone I haven't met and it will be a serious face palm if she's been here the entire time.

        As long as we have her it doesn't matter how long it took, Benjamin comments and I roll my eyes.

        Still, it would have been nice to have had her in our arms these last couple of years.

        "I hope you are all enjoying yourselves at Alpha Calloway's welcome back party. We have a nice supper planned for you but before we start, it has been requested by the Alpha himself that all non-mated females line up in a single file line in front of my podium. I know this is odd, but the Alpha wants to make certain that his mate is not here before he starts looking for her. So please make your way up here and then dinner will be served, mate or not."

        Yeah, it was my idea. I walk into the ball room and over to where Lance is standing with girls lined up in front of him. All that hits my senses is perfume and hairspray which isn't pleasant for a sensitive nose like mine.

        The first girl I meet is plain and boring with lifeless hair and dull brown eyes. Wow, can I be more judgemental? A part of me feels bad for judging these girls but another part couldn't care less because they're not my mate. My wolf and I wanted her and wanted her now- all of these other girls be damned.

        As the line starts to dwindle I catch a scent that smells so divine that my wolf jerks at the confinements of my soul.

        What is that mouthwatering scent? It smells of jasmine and cinnamon. Go to it. Now.

        I lost it, Benjamin. The smell is gone, I whine in utter defeat. I would die to get a whiff of that intoxicating scent again.

        Three more girls go by with absolutely no connection to me and I'm down to the last two. Still lost in my thoughts over the smell, I wave some girl in a pink dress off and she starts to cry (I hate when girls cry, I feel like some sort of villain). As soon as she is out of the way, it's like my entire world comes crashing down with one look.

        Mate. Mate, mate, mate. Mine. My mate, Benjamin starts to chant in my head. My beautiful soul mate tries looking everywhere except at me and I growl at her. The only way to confirm the mate bond is through eye contact and she is denying me it. When her beautiful light blue orbs finally make their way to my midnight blue ones, I let out a warning growl to everyone in this room. This girl belongs to me and I couldn't wait to get my hands on her. My wolf and I have waited for this moment and the time has finally come.

        "Finally."

(A/N: This story has taken off beyond my wildest dreams! It is so crazy how many more reads and comments and votes I'm getting! I thought I would give this to you guys as a gift! ^_^ I hope you like it! I love you all!)