Fourteen

Fourteen (3rd person POV) (Edited)

        In Washington there sits a lone palace, surrounded by more trees than one can count, so secluded that no human has ever come across it. Here lays the secrets to the werewolf community. This is where decisions are made, wars are waged, and lies are told for "the common good". Within these lavish walls stand three men- the one who's selfless, the one who wants revenge, and the one who holds the power. All it takes is one little pebble to tilt the scale of fate...

        "Sir, we have word from our source that it didn't work. Alpha Calloway is still very much alive," Jared reports to the person on the other end of his cellphone. His boss is a very private man and only a few people have had the pleasure of dealing with him one-on-one. Jared has, to his relief, never faced Sir (the only name his employees have ever been supplied with) himself. Their only means of contact is the device in his hand and he is one hundred percent okay with that. The main reason Jared took this job was because it's high paying and he has two little daughters to support. Being a single dad is tough business.

        "That's not possible! There was wolfsbane on the nomad wolf's claws! I thought you said Calloway was scratched across his chest?!" The powerful man yells in frustration. Clyde couldn't believe the incompetence of the people he's employing. They had one job but they managed to completely fuck it up. The news is definitely a damper on the relaxing evening he had prepared for himself.

"Apparently, his mate sucked the poison right out of him with no consequences herself. I called bullshit but our insider swears on their life that's what happened." Jared holds his breath as he waits for Sir to begin his rampage. When the boss gets going there is no stopping him and this news was sure to set him off.

"Are you sure that's what they said? You didn't hear them wrong?" The mastermind behind multiple disappearances in the werewolf world finally says after a long pause. If what Jared is saying was true then...

"I'm positive, Sir. Sucked the wolfsbane right out of the wound. I wouldn't forget hearing something as crazy as that," Jared confirms. The henchman looked at his watch and saw that it was almost time for him to pick up his kids. Hopefully he wouldn't be late- again. Jared hated to see the sad looks on his daughter's faces when he wasn't there on time.

"Shit. Shit, shit, shit!" The now scared man swore. If this story is true then it means the prophecy has begun. Clyde couldn't believe how stupid he'd been!

Hanging up on his subordinate, the disgruntled man shuffles around the papers on his desk until he finds the right one.

Beware of the one who lays still,
Strong are they through pure hearted will.
Beware of the one who evades death,
Not even poison can stop their breath.
Beware of the one who rises above,
For he fits in just like a glove.
Beware of them before it's too late,
What's that? Oh no. You tampered with fate.
Now the story starts to get twisted,
You shouldn't have messed with the gifted.
The dust has settled and standing there,
Is not you, but them, it only seems fair.

Clyde stares at the tattered piece of lined paper that he stole all of those years ago. The person it is about probably doesn't even remember having lost it. He had been so arrogant that he had disregarded what the Seer had written. The thought of someone taking his place was simply silly. But, Clyde had known better. There was truth in these words and if his "best friend" wanted to be so simpleminded as to not heed this warning then Clyde certainly would. 

"That man is such an arrogant prick; he just brushed this aside like it was nothing," he growled to himself as a plan started forming in his head.

This is the key to all of my desires.

The epiphany had hit him like a ton of bricks. No one would predict the usurpers coming- except for him, that is. Once they got rid of his oldest "friend" he would get rid of them. It's pure coincidence that it happened to be Alpha Calloway. In fact, it very well may not be him. But the coincidences are too great. The King has been trying to kill him for years because he's just too damn powerful. This new puzzle piece definitely added dynamic to the future if it turned out to be none other than Alpha Calloway himself who usurped the King.

Yes, Clyde would watch this play out. He isn't the one in danger- his sworn enemy was.

"Master Clyde? The King has requested your presence," a voice said through his office door. He internally groaned but put on his "happy" face and told the servant to enter.

"Was is it now with that silly old fool?" he joked but deep inside, Clyde couldn't wait to watch Julian Wolfe burn where he stood. Clyde Delarosa would be the new King of the werewolf world. Nobody could stop him.

(A/N: OMG DRAMA YAAAAAAAS! It's also short but that's just for added affect bruh. Thank you for 18.9k reads tHAT IS SO CRAZY I LOVE YOU ALL AND YOUR COMMENTS/VOTES FUEL MY LIFE FORCE. I have edited EVERY LITTLE THING in previous chapters with some added scenes to make this book more fluid. Enjoy!!)