Nineteen

Nineteen

        It was forty-five minutes after Mr. Delarosa left that King Julian sent someone to retrieve me. The plan has to go absolutely perfect if my mates and I have any chance of surviving this. Clyde had told me that Julian has no intention of keeping us alive during this little meeting; it's just a way to get us all in the same room and make us easier targets. In the back of my head I think I already knew this information. Julian is a bad man who would do anything for power.

        "When you see your mates you are to do anything possible to reassure them things are okay. If at any point we see you trying something funny, we're putting a silver bullet straight through the back of their skulls, understood?" the guard explained to me as we stopped in front of a single white wooden door. From here on out the plan is in motion- I just need to find a way to inform Caden and Colton.

        I nod my head compliantly and the door is opened, my two mates staring anxiously at me and what can only be relief flashing in their eyes. Without a moments hesitation I run to Colton and Caden, trying my best to gather them both in my embrace.

        "We missed you so much..."

        "Don't ever do that to us again..."

        "We're so glad you're safe..."

        "I love you-"

        "I love you-"

        "so much," they say the last part in unison and with so much love I'm surprised King Julian didn't keel over somewhere in the palace from the amount of pure emotions radiating off of us. Tears well up in my eyes as I pepper their faces with kisses. I thought I would never see them again and it's so surreal that they're here.

        Tell Benjamin and Malachi I love them, too, I tell Zara. I love every part of my mates; wolf or no wolf.

        They love you too and are happy you're safe, she sighs in contentment. She's over the moon that our mates are standing in front of us.

        After a couple of minutes our reunion comes to and end with the door being abruptly pushed open. "What a cute little spectacle. I assume you have things you would like to discuss with my daughter, so I'll leave you to it." King Julian smiles kindly and I want to laugh at how fake it is. Both him and the guard exit the room but I'm wary of their definition of "alone". For all I know there are cameras and hidden microphones in the room.

        "Cassia tell us what's go-" I throw my hand over Caden's lips and put my index finger against my mouth to shush them. Spotting a note pad and pen atop the night stand beside the bed (the only two things in the room), I casually walk over to it and discreetly snatch them up.

        "I wanted to tell you both I'm sorry for running away."

        I was kidnapped, I scribbled on the paper. I stood in between them so they were blocking the note from most everything and showed them. It quickly registered in their eyes what I was doing and Colton took the note pad from me. "So you ran away?"

        How?

        "Yeah, I wanted to see my father and confront him. Demand he tell me why he hurt my mother."

        The note pad is handed back to me. Zara and I went to see her old friend for help on who the enemy was. The friend and King were working together and we were ambushed.

        "And you couldn't have told us this, Cassia? We would have helped you." This time Caden answers and takes the note pad from me.