(13) Alec's answer

Start from the beginning

My eyes scan the area around us before landing on a pipe system that was hanging above. Quickly pushing myself off the door, I ran forwards, yanking my spear out of its holder before cutting the metal pipe off, and once I had extracted it, I rushed back and placed the long metal piece in the door handle, preventing it from opening.

Immediately we all sighed in relief and as we move back, Izzy smiles brightly at me. "Good job Cam" She praises and I smile gratefully back in reply, my eyes then glance at Alec who is also smiling, and despite him not saying anything I can tell he was impressed.

"Whoever said, "The pen is mightier than the sword," was an idiot." Izzy expressed as she walked away, making me chuckle softly at her.

English teachers are probably triggered.

"When you're right, you're right." Alec mutters and follows suit, walking backwards and facing the door. We all stand back, readying ourselves for the vampires to inevitably break through and attack. And as hands appear out the side and the sound of aggressive pushing and growling is heard, I slowly attempt to calm down my erratic breathing, and place a hand over my chest in preparation for my first real fight.

Never thought that those words would become my reality, yet here we are.

"You ready?" Alec asks, his eyes zeroing in on my own as he holds his bow and arrow readily, his stance defensive, knowing that sooner or later things were going to implode. I nod, swallowing lowly as I gripped my spear harshly in my right hand, my mind consciously moving my palm dead centre, just as Alec had advised.

"How long do you think we have to distract them for?" I quickly ask, needing to know how long exactly I would need to fight for and to mentally prepare myself for the battle ahead.

"Ten more minutes." Izzy smiles, her eyes warming as she encouragingly smiles at me.

"Ten minutes? Are you kidding? We're liquid lunch in five." Alec scoffs, his eyes narrowing in on the metal slowly breaking as he pulls out an arrow and sets it up, readying himself.

"So, let's distract them." I say shrugging, a smirk coming onto my face as I feel the adrenaline and determination to prove myself kick in.

If I really was a Shadowhunter, now was the time to prove it.

"So, let's distract them."

Both Lightwood's smirk in reply, all three of us now in our stations, our faces stoic and ready as we wait upon the last inch of the metal to break and for all hell to break loose.

"You better get ready." Izzy smirks as her bracelet slips like a snake off of her wrist and into the shape of her signature whip. The second she does this, the last part of the metal break and the door is rammed away, the gang of vampires making their way through.

And it begins.

Izzy is first to attack; her whip wrapping harshly around the ankle of the vampire closest to her as she sends him tumbling to the floor, her body simultaneously sliding forwards to stab him in the chest with her serph blade.

I immediately rush forwards once the first move is made and twist my spear in my hand, my body spinning around anti-clockwise as well, completely 360, before jabbing it forwards with all my might and watching as the vampire before me is impaled in the chest, and before my own eyes combusts into a pile of yellow and orange dust.

"Nice shot!" Izzy exclaims as she continues her own battles, my eyes shift to Alec, who in that moment, swiftly pulls out arrow after arrow and fires at multiple vampires, ruining them to dust.

"This is fun." Alec states as another 3 or 4 vampires' edge closer to us, and I see Izzy smirk in response.

"Keep coming, boys."