Chapter One - The Demon's In Love

I was going ninety in central London. I was on my way to lunch with Aziraphale. I had to talk to him. If I am honest with myself, I have not only fallen from heaven but I have fallen for that sweet angel. I don't know when exactly I became obsessed with him, but definitely at some point in the last 6000 years. We were on opposite sides. An angel and a demon. We were meant to be enemies. I hated it. I didn't mean to fall. I don't want to be around any of the demons and I am sure the feeling is mutual. I wanted away from Satan, away from Beelzebub. I had asked Aziraphale many times to just run away from all of this with me. He declined. Of course, he did. He always did and always will. To him, I am just some serpent of temptation. I am evil and cruel. He probably thinks so little of me, that I could never love. But I love him. If Armageddon is to happen between heaven and hell, I want to try one last time, just once more, to get him to go away with me. 

As I park my Bentley I pause before going into Ritz. This is my last chance. All of eternity I have tried to stick around this angel, for the past 6000 years I have tried making him fall for me. I don't want to be away from him. Why can't he just listen to me? Why can't he love me? Why must he always go back to heaven? They don't even like him there. The angels are hardly better than the demons in hell. Gabriel might as well be twins with Beelzebub. I couldn't avoid this. I walked in and saw a man in a light suit waiting for me. He smiled at me and I couldn't handle his gaze. I felt a weight on my chest. I took a deep breath and put a fake smile on my face as I casually walked towards him. "Hello, Aziraphale! Glad I could tempt you to lunch with me." I sat down and was about to keep talking but I was interrupted by the waiter.

"What can I get you, two gentlemen?" He smiled and awaited our responses.

"White wine, for us both, please." I said as I tilted my head up a bit. Not too much to make my darkened glasses shift though. If anyone saw my eyes they would have a heart attack. Nothing like the angel's eyes. No. His eyes were big and blue. Not disturbing like mine.

"Crowley, if I may ask, why did you ask to have lunch today? I doubt it was just to eat. You don't really eat much, as I do." He smiled but it felt fake. He was skeptical that my plans were pure. He was right to question me, this wasn't just for lunch. Not for food. Not even for the wine. I couldn't just keep this in. I felt like my body was on fire. Normally I wouldn't mind a bit of fire, but this was different. It was new and odd. I looked into the pure eyes of Aziraphale. There was no saying this lightly.

"Angel, I..." I suddenly felt as though I couldn't speak. But I had to do this. There was nothing else I could do. The angel furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head at me. He was waiting for me to finish whatever I was saying. "Well, I guess... Aziraphale I love you."

(Sorry for the short chapter. I promise they will get longer as it goes on. I just wanted to get the first part up as soon as I could! -L)