21. The Event Part 1

Start from the beginning

"We should probably start getting ready for tonight," he spoke.

"What's tonight?," I asked.

"The charity event I told you about. It starts in a couple of hours," he smiled.

"In a couple of hours?! I don't even have a dress," I yelled.

"We'll stop at a boutique and you can get one. Just do your hair and makeup," he said shrugging.

***
1 hour later...

"What do you think?," I question.

I do a 360 spin so that he could see the dress.

It was a dark blue strapless gown with a thigh-high slit. I paired the dress with white open-toed shoes to match the pattern around the waistband.

I made sure that the dress matched with his blue tie.

He stared at me in awe and a wide grin couldn't stop from making its way onto my face.

"You look perfect," he whispers standing up to rush by my side.

"There is one thing that's missing though," he said with a smirk.

He held my left hand and slid my ring back onto my finger.

"I never want you to leave me again, I couldn't bear it. I meant every word that I said to you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm going to marry you and we're going to have cute caramel babies running around. This ring is just a place holder for the time being and I want you to know I'm committed to you and only you. I love you, Ashanti," he continued while looking deeply into my eyes.

He kissed me deeply without pause and I didn't bother to stop him.

He was intoxicating and I was falling for him all over again.

Not that I ever stopped loving him to begin with.

He was all consuming, like a fire started that spread and that couldn't be contained.

I could barely catch my breath when I was around him and my mind was hazy with only thoughts of him. My heart pounds a million miles per hour when I look at him.

I love him, all of him.

Every single cell in my body calls out to him and I just can't stop it, when lord knows how much I want it to stop.

I wish I could resist him.

***
45 minutes later...

We arrived in front of a huge mansion with crowds of people and parked cars, but Lamonte had reserved parking.

I mean, of course, he was the guest of honor.

He wrapped his arm around my waist possessively as we both walk into the event.

All eyes travelled to us and suddenly, I felt absolutely naked.

Eyes hadn't pealed off of us and everyone was murmuring and whispering to one another.
He whispered close to my ear, "Don't worry about them, just hold on to me."