I Am Powerful

Doors flew open with mighty booms of strength, Cinder returning to Salem's palace unscathed by the events of the Vytal Festival Tournament. Proudly walking with a confident hip sway as she emerged in Salem's presence.

Salem turned with a steady stoic look on her face. "Young Cinder..." Salem said, motioning for her to take a seat. Cinder sat down, never losing her the air of pride surrounding her. "What are you smirking at?!" Salem asked Cinder sharply. "I'm sorry?" Cinder asked confusedly.

"You failed nearly every stage of your mission! Beacon didn't fall! You don't have the relic! The White Fang was defeated by A SINGLE MEMBER of the Atlas Military!" Salem yelled very angrily. "But I became the fall maiden..." Cinder said defensively. "Yet the one whom had those powers originally still breathes!" Salem shouted. Cinder was taken aback. "How?" Cinder asked with panic in her voice. "After your battle, the staff at beacon managed to restart her heart, she was only dead long enough to give you those powers!" Salem said throwing the table... "Leave!" Salem yelled.

Cinder, having lost her confidence altogether, ran from the room as fast as she could, the fear coursing through her like rusty spikes through her chest.

Cinder shook her head in wild disbelief. "No! No! No! No! Damn that girl, I'll murder her myself! For good this time!"

"I can help with that..." Cinder turned sharply to see Tyrian emerge from the shadows. "I will help you achieve this Cinder, but I can't guarantee you'll be strong enough to stop her this time." Tyrian said holding out his arm.

"I am powerful..." Cinder said defensively. "I didn't say you weren't powerful, I said you weren't strong." Tyrian said with an intelligible grin.

Cinder shook his hand, begrudgingly. They exchanged looks of malice and parted ways.