Searching

(Weiss' POV)

Weiss grasped Ruby's clothes in disbelief...
"Ruby~" Weiss said sadly as she stood up. Weiss took out her scroll and turned it on, frantically searching through her contacts until finding Jaune and Winter.

Two Days Later...

"It was just two nights ago that the heiress to the Rose Dust Company was kidnapped from her dorm room at Beacon Academy." Lisa Lavender said in a mildly shocked voice as she kept up her dead panned voice.

Jaune turned the TV off with a sad look on his face.

I pulled myself up from the couch and peered over at him. "I'm going after Ruby." I said decidedly. "Weiss, that's crazy. Ruby could be... I mean... I think we should prepare for the worst." Jaune said drearily as a cold chill fell over Weiss at the thought of Ruby being dead. "When I looked at her... or when I'm sure I looked at her, I saw a scar that felt familiar... like it was meant for me. Now I see Ruby has been bearing my pain, and it's time I returned the favor." I said confidently as I made my stride towards the door.

"Weiss, just stop..." "What if someone you loved died?!" I interrupted Jaune angrily. He stopped suddenly and looked up at Weiss. "I think I'd be searching to kill the killer. I'd leave Vale for it if I had to." Jaune concluded, keeping his head down, knowing he couldn't argue with Weiss.

"I could use your help." I asked him, Waiting for him to reply. Jaune gave me a hard stare and forced a reply. "Are you really going out on your own?" He asked.

"If I have to." I told him, matter-of-factly.

"Then I'm coming with you."

Author's Note
Thank you for reading, the story is about to take a deeper turn so this chapter was a little harder to write. I haven't been able to post this for a while though. Crazy sh*t be happening, I met my town's Mayor, my girlfriend became prom queen ( emeraldsangel456 ) and I sang a duet. So if you stuck around, thank you and peace.