Chapter : Nine - Scream Wolf-Man-Thing!

Chapter : Nine - Scream Wolf-Man-Thing! [Ebony Snow]

Waking, I stretched before I opened my eyes. Then blinked. And did it again. Nope, there was still a large wolf in my bed. Shoving away as a scream left my mouth, I- Ow! Damn the floor hurts in the morning. Sending a glare to a bed, that quickly changed when a I saw a steel grey eyed, white furred wolf staring at me. Pushing myself away, I gulped when I felt the wall stop me from backing away any further.

And then I seemed to wake. Groaning, I slapped my hands over my face. No, I told myself, yesterday, or the day before that, hadn't been a dream. Looking back at the bed, I saw Dere laying across it, the wolf gone. His eyes held concern for me, but that didn't stop my urge to slap him for scaring me like that! Not that I did slap him.

"I'm not into bestiality," I growled at him.

He raised a brow. "I'm glad."

I glared at him. But all that seemed to do was amuse him. Damn wolf-man-thing!

"What?" I snapped.

"You're not a morning person are you?" he asked in return.

"I'm fine in the mornings," I growled. "It's waking up with a massive dog next to me is the problem."

His lips twitched in amusement.

"Urg," pushing myself up, using the wall, I watched him watch me. Saw his jaw clench, his darkened eyes narrow. Heading for the door, I heard him growl, but then he quickly muffled it as he saw that I wasn't heading for the hallway but the other door which I was guessing was a bathroom. Since they could poof there clothes on and off, having a walk-in closest would have just been weird.

Stepping into the bathroom, it made me think of mine back home. White top half, dark grey bottom with a black tiled floor. Weird. It looked almost exactly the same. The only differences in here were the objects such as the toothbrushes and the like. Turning on the water, I sighed when I got it to the right temperature and wished my pyjama's gone, I sighed as I stepped into the shower that could hold several more people with ease. If I wasn't careful, I was going to get used to that damn on / off clothing-thing.

As I washed, I thought about the wolf-man-thing that I'd woken up next to. Damn him! I wasn't sure why, but damn him! It was his fault that I didn't really want to leave, yeah, that was it. I didn't want to leave. Just like he'd told me I wasn't going to. But it wasn't because he'd told me I wasn't or because the trees weren't letting me pass their branches. No, I wanted to understand the world of werewolves, fairies and other supernatural's. But mostly, I wanted to stay to see what this mate thing was about. A soul-mate? Sure, there was something there, but...- And then what was all this mate and marking business about, damn it!

I shook my head. How the hell was that annoying jerk my "soul-mate" anyway? He was annoying! He slept in bed as a wolf! He looked at me as though I was his, which I wasn't - I squashed the desire that wanted to be. And he ordered me around like I was a puppy! Yet he'd let me in, feed me and let me sleep in a bed. And his concern when he thought I might hurt myself? That wasn't fake. Something told me that these people were honest. Unlike Cass who abandoned me!

Turning the water off, I decided that for now, I would stay. As long as I was still welcome. I'd stay and try to figure out why Cass had abandoned me. Had Laurell asked her to get rid of me? I shook my head. Laurell wasn't that stupid. Not with my father still around. So why? Another thing I had to figure out was Dere. Did he mean it? The soul-mate thing? Or was he just saying it to keep me here? But if it was the latter, why would he want to keep me here?

Drying myself, I summoned underwear, a white and black striped shirt, black skinny's, and an awesome pair of mid-calf high boots. Leaving the bathroom and the fog, I saw that Dere had left while I'd been taking my shower. I wasn't sure what I felt at that. Instead of deciding, I turned for the door that went back out to the hallway. Looking right and left, I saw the door at the end that I remembered would take me to the main room.

Arriving in the main room, it was clean... and the mini library was gone. Instead, several of the fairies sat with ipads on their laps. "Where did the books go?"

I raised a brow at Dere when the fairies looked at him and grinned.

Dere looked at the fairies. "Tell her what you found out."

Emer chuckled before standing. "Well, we've managed to figure out that you're not all human."

"Not all human," I repeated like a parrot.

"You're part human," Aingeal, or for short Angel, replied. "That's what's covering up you're other part."

"Oh," I said as though I understood exactly what they were on about. "What has this got to do with the library being gone?"

They chuckled. It was Cai who spoke this time. "Since the tree's move for you, we've figured that you're other part is a earth species. And, well, you did kind of glare at the library yesterday when you entered."

"They got rid of the books because I told them too," Dere suddenly spoke up. "Because being a earth element as much as you seem to be, I figured that you'd dislike books."

He figured I'd dislike books? Was he kidding? "You told them to get rid of the books just because I might dislike them?" Okay, did my voice have to sound so shocked. "Jeesh, this is the omelette all over again."

"Do you like books?" Dere asked.

"Well... no."

"So why are you complaining?" he seemed genuinely interested in my response.

Okay, I thought, this guys is just starting to freak me the freak out! "You got rid of hundreds of books because I don't like them! What about everyone else? It's not like I'm staying here for very long."

Dere growled. Even the fairies stayed completely silent. Hell, I don't think some of them were breathing as a strange sense of power built in the room, making the hairs on my body rise in warning. Fight or flight was about to kick in just as he spoke. "You're not leaving my mate."

I glared at him. Feeling another power rise, I wondered who the hell was doing what now, but I decided to ignore it and keep my focus on the pissed off Alpha wolf for the moment. "Says who?"

"Me," he growled.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"The moment these trees let me pass, Mr. Alpha wolf, I'm out. And I dare you to stop me."

His smirk wasn't comforting. Not in the least, littlest bit. Nope, not at all. "If any of you," Dere started, his voice echoing loudly in the room, so loud that I wouldn't be surprised if they heard it from the rooms at the end of the hall. "Open this front door and let my mate out, you will regret it."

Frowning at him, I looked over at the door. What in the hell was he on about? It was a door, anyone could open it. As I moved over to the door, Dere spoke up again, this time, he spoke to me.

"Touching that door will do nothing but harm you, mate" Dere said. "Only those who live here can open it."

I glared at the word mate again, but then stopped myself, he seemed to like getting a rise out of me as much as I did him. Reaching for the door handle, before my hand even touched it I felt it. A lick of electricity swiped my palm. Yelping in surprise, I jumped back. Not even a second later, I had Dere grasping my hand, checking it while growling, and that was when I felt another shock run up my arm. The heat of his fingers brushed where the electricity had brushed me gently.

"I warned you, my mate," he said, letting go of my hand when I pulled it back after a moment.

Holding my hand to my chest, I did my new favourite expression when it came to him and glared. Glared for igniting a want that I didn't want to want. This wolf was dangerous. And it wasn't only because he could change into a furred, four legged creature with teeth. No, he was dangerous because I could only truly wonder how long it would be until I lost myself.

Vote? Comment? Thanks!