Chapter : Five - Werewolf

Chapter : Five – Werewolf [Ebony Snow]

"Umm... nice wolfy..." I said, wincing at my idiotic words. Nice wolfy? Why don't you just say, kill me and get it over and done with wolfy?

As the wolf cocked it's head, I wondered what the hell was going through it's mind. Just as I wondered where the hell this wolf's pack was. Unless it was a lone wolf. Either way, as I debated stepping back, running, or staying where I stood, I knew I was about to be eaten. I wonder if the trees would try and save me... Glancing at their naked branches, I debated running into them and begging them to protect me. God, that would be so embarrassing if a person saw me doing that, especially if the tree didn't respond.

Coming back to the present, I saw that the wolf was sitting in a non-threatening pose. Thinking about the sparrow, I wondered if this wolf could understand me too. Only one way to find out. "Can you help me?"

The wolf blinked his grey-green eyes at me. Before doing something that freaked me the freak out! His fur rippled. His bones snapped. His face changed. His form became human. I screamed. I tried to stop, but, what the flying freak is going on! Hell, I debating calling myself freakin' Alice! Although, I was sure that I hadn't fallen down a rabbit hole. As the wolf changed and lost it's fur, I ran for the house. Then I stopped. What if this was where the wolf-man lived. I spun and ran for the trees. As soon as I was near the trees, a branch snapped down, scooped me up, and held me away from the wolf. That stopped my screaming.

And that was when I saw thirteen people, one being the now-naked-wolf-now-man, standing outside the house. The wolf-now-man was pulling jeans on. What the hell! How many were there? Were they all wolf? And who was that guy? He stood taller than the others, well, except for one who looked like a movie star, yet had an aura that made me hug the tree tighter. But the guy who caught my attention was glaring at the wolf-now-man, then turning to look at me with an awed expression. Weird. But I decided to ignore that as I looked him over. Steel grey eyes, sun-kissed blonde hair, tanned skin, and he looked to be only a couple years older than me. Who was he?

"Mine," rumbled out the guy's throat.

The wolf-now-man appeared to wince slightly before tilting his neck to the guy who was staring at me with a light in his eyes that he didn't have the right to have. Possession. Well, bugger him! I was my own person, no one owned me, I withheld the childish urge to stick my tongue out at him.

"My apologies Alpha," the wolf-now-man said. "She spoke to me as though she knew what we were... I didn't expect her to..."

"Run screaming?" another said with a smirk in her voice. It was a female with blue-grey eyes, white-blonde hair and pale skin. Although she was short compared to the wolf-now-man, she clearly didn't care that he could claw her to pieces in a second. "Run in so much terror the tree scooped her ten feet into the air?"

The "Alpha" growled as the female said the last word. The wolf-now-man winced. "I didn't mean to scare her. I thought she knew."

"Clearly, you were wrong," the "Alpha" snapped before taking a step forward.

"Are you like him?" I asked, making him stop. And was I seeing things or did he just sway as I spoke?

He inhaled, then let it out slowly as he nodded in response to my question. He was a wolf too? I rolled my eyes, of course he was. Why wouldn't he be?

"Cool, well, um..." I said, as though I was filled with confidence. Even though my cowering in a tree said the exact opposite. "I only came here to get directions back to the City."

"Back?" the "Alpha" asked as though the word confused him. "You aren't going back."

I blinked. Did he just tell me I wasn't going back? Did he just say it as though he had every right to order me around? Tell me what to do, and expect me to do exactly that? "Newsflash, wolfboy, you don't own me. I'm going back."