Chapter : Seven - Enter

Začít od začátku

"So you haven't eaten today?"

I rolled my eyes, well duh! "Well considering I woke in a tree..."

Dere gave me a look that told me he didn't appreciate my sarcasm. "Let's go inside and find you something to eat."

Just as I was about to refuse, my stomach roared again. Damn it. Grumbling, I followed them in, aware that I was walking into a house owned by fairies and werewolves. Good, god, fairies and werewolves. Who would have thought that one trip to a forest could change your life so much?

Entering the house on the side of the mountain, I swore I looked like a fish. The inside was massive. This one room was the size of my father's estate! In this first room was a kitchen to the side, a living room with a massive flat screen T.V. surrounded by DVDs, and a mini library to the side. Then there were computers here and there, packets of food, drinking glass's... and was that a pair of boxers hanging on the T.V.? "Do you guys ever clean this place?"

Dere gritted his teeth as he sent a glare to the fairies. I raised a brow as the fairies give innocent expressions back. Following Dere into the kitchen section as the others disappeared into the living area, and some disappeared through a door, I asked my question again. I grinned mentally when I saw a look of annoyance pass over his feature's. Okay, so I probably shouldn't be so glad that I was pissing him off, but it was weirdly amusing and annoyingly interesting to see different emotions crossing over his features.

"Ragne has stopped the fairies from seeing Dawn at the moment," Dere finally explained. "In retaliation, they're creating mess, everywhere."

"Why is he stopping them from seeing her?" I asked with a frown, as I sat on a gestured seat by the counter.

Dere opened the fridge as he replied. "She's his mate."

"Mate?" I asked, remembering that Dere had said "my mate" to me outside. Thinking of outside reminded me that I was still wearing my jacket– Suddenly, I felt a weight leave me. Glancing down, I stared in shock, missing Dere's words. Where the hell was my jacket? "Where's my jacket gone?"

Dere stared at me from where he'd moved to stand by the cooker with a frying pan heating, and whisking eggs and milk together. "Fairy magic. Within these walls, if you wish an item of clothing gone, it is, if you wish it back, it's back. Are you a vegetarian?"

"What? Oh, no, I'm not, why?" I asked as I pictured myself wearing a fitted leather jacket I'd seen in a magazine a couple of weeks ago. I gasped as the jacket... materialised. Wow. That was magic. Touching the soft leather, I knew that it was real. How the freakin' hell did they do that?

I shook my head and looked at Dere, wishing the jacket gone as he replied. "I'm making you an omelette with ham and cheese."

"And what I hate eggs? Or hate cheese?"

He froze for a moment before turning to face me. Piercing me with those dangerous steel grey eyes. "Do you hate them?"

"No," I replied quickly. Seeing another flash in his eyes, I saw confusion, annoyance, and... was that relief? "What did you mean by mates again? I... got distracted with the jacket."

He chuckled. I blinked, um... since when was there a urg-I-hate-his-chuckle? Or a nice-chuckle? Or a oh-my-god-that-chuckle!? His being the last. As I blinked at him in surprise, he continued to cook, putting the mixture into the frying pan which made a fizzing noise in response.

"Everyone has a soul-mate. Were's and shifter's have mates. Vampire's have brides. Fairies have charms. Witches have familiars. Angel's have souls..."

"I get it," I said, stopping him from continuing. "So, you think I'm your... what? Your soul-mate?"

He glanced at me before checking the omelette, doing this and that before adding the ham. "Werewolves have a heightened smell compared to humans. It allows us to find compatible mates. Unlike in the stories, we can have several, but only one true mate – the one we mark."

Great, I thought, now I wanted to go online and find a werewolf book to understand what the hell he was going on about. What the hell did he mean by mark?

"Once we've marked our mate, that's that. We don't scent the others that could be. Even if our true mates die or leave us."

I raised a brow at the glance he sent me for the last. Doing a couple of motions, he was suddenly turning with a plate with an omelette and a fork and knife. Placing it in front of me, I saw a look of joy cross his features after my first mouthful, which, might I add, was perfect, before he blanked his features.

"Have you ever scented you're... uh, mate before?" I asked.

"Only once," Dere replied, leaning his elbows on the counter opposite me, leaving his forearms to lay across the counter. Did he have to look bigger doing that? Couldn't have looked smaller? Looking bigger, it just made me want to curl up in peace, knowing I'd be protected. Woah, where did that come from. Curling up on him, yeah, sure. When pigs fly. Shh, I hushed my mind. With the world I'd suddenly walked into, seeing pigs fly didn't sound so impossible.

"Oh? Why didn't you mark her?"

"Because I've only just met her."

Vote? Comment? Thanks!