Chap Fifteen: New Beginning.

Start from the beginning

“I believe you and I have no reason to talk.” I said firmly. Another funny thing, all of a sudden I was not scared to stand up to this .. creature. I was ready for him. Oh, so ready.

“Hmm, what’s better to do, then?” He asked and winked at me.

I walked over to him and then my eyes saw the box lying on the ground.

Phoenix. I was the only one who could touch it and an intuition told me I was ready enough. It was finally time to take revenge.

“Ah, you have eyes on my treasure.” Antonio mused and inched a little closer to the sword.

“No, I’m going to claim what’s mine.” I replied and then leaned over and touched the box.

“Adrianna .. no.” I heard Ivan say and I turned around, he stood on his feet and swayed. I was about to cross the distance separating us when Antonio pulled me back.

“We have some unfinished business.” He said and then motioned me over to the box, my irritation bubbled ten-fold. He always came in between.

I took a step forward, but Ivan’s voice stopped me again.

“No, Andie, don’t touch it, he wants you to open the box and make Phoenix come to life and then he’ll take it from you, don’t open it.” Ivan warned me and my brow furrowed.

“He’s lying, he just wants to stop you from fighting. He knows you’ll fail.” Antonio said and then he gave me a smile. My irritation swelled.

“You will not.” I said but I didn’t make a move to open the box. Maybe he was right, I mean I was .. new and I was taking it fairly well, but what did I know about swords. I looked at Ivan and he had an helpless expression on his face.

“Scared?” Antonio drawled and my head snapped back.

“No.” I growled at him and took the final step.

“Andie, please. For me. I’m a Salvatore, I won’t be able to save you.” Ivan said and then I saw his wings disappear.

“Heh. See what you have with you. He gave up.” Antonio said and I wanted to punch him then, I nearly did but his reflexes were better than mine and he whirled me around with such speed that the next thing I knew, I was pressed against the wall and trying to catch my breath.

“Never raise your hand at me.” Antonio growled at me and I growled right back and then I remembered something James had taught me. I raised my knee and jammed it in the place it hurts most, Antonio fell back howling.

“Guess my leg got a lucky break.” I said and then I walked over to Ivan. He was just standing there, looking bewildered.

“What is wrong with you?” I demanded but Ivan shook his head.

“I need to get you out of here, you’re aura is shining and any other evil spirit can sense it, we have to go.” He said and my eyes widened.

“What ..?” I started saying but he cut in.

“Listen to me. I’ll take care of Antonio, okay. You take the box with the sword and think of home. You will teleport, okay. And then take my mobile and call Harry.” He said and I started shaking my head.

“Please, Andie. Something’s close, I can feel it.” He said and then warning in his voice got to me, he was anxious to get me out of there.

“Where are you going? The party isn’t over yet.” Antonio said but I was satisfied to see him wince.

“Yes, it is. You need to talk with me.” Ivan said and stepped forward.

“Oh no, I’m more interested in our little karate kid, here.” He said and started coming towards me. I was shocked when Ivan’s arrow pierced through his mid cage.

“Water.” Ivan shouted and then he shot another one. Antonio fell on the floor, caught off guard and he started choking. Literally.

“What are you doing to him?” I squealed at him but Ivan took my hand, pulled me in and then his wings surrounded me.

“Think of home.” He whispered urgently, I closed my eyes and did. And when I opened my eyes again, I was in his apartment. When he had told me to think of home, I had thought of his little apartment across mine, I wondered if he would realize that.

I turned in Ivan’s arms and he fell on the ground.

“Ivan.” I squealed and fell on my knees in front of him.

“Oh God, he was so near. He could have had you, you’re an archangel now and I can’t even protect you and I don’t know what to do, we need to take you to Harry and then he ..” Ivan went on but when I saw the anxiety in his voice, warmth spread through me. Even if he didn’t love me, he cared.

“Ivan, I’m fine. I embraced what I am. And I’m happy.” I said but he didn’t seem to listen to me.

“No, I need to get you away, he was so near, he sensed your aura, I could almost feel his satisfaction. I thought I was going to lose you, I thought it was the end. I was so scared and terrified. Oh God, Adrianna.” Ivan whispered the last word and then he pulled me in his arms and his lips crushed mine. He kissed me like it was the last one we would ever share. Pulling me nearer to him, breaking all rules. And then he just held me, so close to his heart.

“I’m sorry to make you so scared.” I whispered. And Ivan’s hold on me tightened.

“It doesn’t matter, we just have to keep you away from him.” He said and faintly his hand stroked my tresses. I leaned into him, marveling in his strength, the feel of him enveloping around me.

“Who’s him?” I asked faintly, not really interested. But I felt Ivan stiffen. And his hold went slack.

“Who is it?” I asked, already fearing his answer.

“It was Sinclair. He’s come to get you.”