The problem was it could be any room in the goddamn house, and I wouldn't know because I had no idea what made the room so special, or why the asshole kept talking about it. My eyes were absentmindedly staring at the book while Aysha talked about the baby. She was very excited to be an aunt.

Something about the book made me kept staring at it until it finally clicked.

"I know where the room is."

I all but leaped from the bed and rushed down the hall, passing Ayyan's room on the way. I didn't stop until I reached the room I was looking for. The library—or rather, the door I had always noticed in the corner. It had to be the room Asaad was talking about.

I turned the doorknob, but it was locked. Aysha was watching me as I kept turning it and it refused to budge. She kept quiet and looked everywhere but my eyes.

"Aysha, if you know where the key is, you have to tell me," I pleaded with her. Looking at her straight in the eyes without so much as a blink. She attempted to say something, but I cut her off. "I need to know what is behind this door. Please."

She finally nodded and left the room. When she came back, it was with a key and a purple heart-shaped key holder. I collected the key with trembling hands.

The room was a bedroom. It had purple walls, a large floor to ceiling window and a purple queen-sized bed. It was large, and everything inside was purple, including the dresser, the drawers, the carpet, and the bookshelf. The only stuff that wasn't purple was the cardboard boxes scattered across the room. It looked as if someone was packing and forgot to get his boxes.

Whose room was it?

I went towards the box labeled pictures and opened it. There were dozens of them, but the first one I picked up was that of a gorgeous lady. She was smiling so widely at the camera, her sparkly teeth shining. She had on a purple hijab with a matching dress. I looked at the picture again. There was something oddly familiar about her. Like I knew her.

I staggered. She had blue-green eyes. She had tanned skin. She had a dimple. And she smiled like my Ayyan. Heck, she was his carbon copy. The only difference between the two was their gender, and she looked a bit younger than he was.

Who was she? A sister? A cousin? An aunt? A distant relative? Who the heck was she?

"Ayza is Ayyan's twin sister." Ayyan had a twin, and he never told me.

With shaky hands, I picked up the next picture. This one was a group picture. There were 7 people in it. Underneath each person was a name. Maryam. Aysha. Ayza. Ayyan. Mustapha. Asaad. Suleiman. They all looked thrilled in the picture.

Was there a connection between all that was happening and Ayza? Was her absence the reason Asaad wanted me to find the room? And if so, what does her absence have to do with all this? And what happened to her?

I flipped the picture. Written in a tiny cursive handwriting were the words: Jamya, 2015.

I looked through some other pictures, but they were the same thing. Occasionally, I would find pictures of her alone or when she was young, but she was mostly with people and always smiling.

I needed and some answers, and there was only one person in that room that could help me.

"Aysha, what happened to Ayza?"

Aysha looked me dead in the eyes and said, "She killed herself."

"Wh-at?!" I whispered, letting a picture of her smiling at the sunset go. "I need to know everything. From the start."

Aysha sighed. She closed her eyes and breathed in and out. It was like a painful memory she didn't want to visit. It looked like she was done with whatever it was and had already moved on. She had come to terms with everything. But she didn't want to remember.