Chapter 29

Hey guys, please check out this awesome book by my good friend @naattzz .The book name's Our incomplete story. Thank you.

Zarah's POV

Stretching my arms, I yawned and covered my mouth before standing up from the bed. I groggily approached the bathroom to take a hot bath to relax my sore body, shielding my eyes from the sun.

The sun?! I quickly grabbed my phone and checked the time, 8: 37 a.m. Ugh, I couldn't help facepalming myself.

I can't believe I slept in. And where the hell is Ayyan? I turned around and searched the large room but no sign of him. Shit! I usually leave the room before he wakes up. Now I have to face him.

It's not that I'm angry with him. No, I'm just sad he didn't tell me about it. I sighed, let's not go there again. Thinking of Ayyan automatically dampens my mood and I don't think I'm mentally ready for that.

Resuming my previous task of going to the bathroom, I met someone there. That someone being my husband, Ayyan. I immediately lowered my gaze.

"Zarah," A husky voice called me. A voice I've come to miss. I ignored him partly because I was blushing and I wasn't quite ready to talk to him. Yet. Just because I forgive him doesn't mean he needs to know about it.

"Zarah, look at me." He grabbed my chin and raised my head. I still refused to look into his eyes but the tiled floor. Slowly removing his hand from my chin, I tried to get away. Keyword 'tried'.

Grabbing my waist, Ayyan pushed me to the wall adjacent to the bathroom. "You don't walk away from me while I'm still talking," His warm breath tickling my earlobe.

"Why won't you just look at me?" He was getting frustrated. Serves him right. He caressed my cheek and put a strand of hair behind my ear. His touch sending tingles down my body.

"You're playing hard to get," He was clearly amused. Okay, this guy has issues. "What do you want, Ayyan?" I whispered, not expecting my voice to come out as a whisper.

"You," A shiver went down my spine. I could feel his warm breath on my lips now. Any slight movement and our lips will meet.

"You had no problem living without me these past few days, why now?" This time I looked straight into his eyes. The multi-colored eyes hypnotizing me slowly but surely. His eyes were a unique combination of bright blue and sparkling green.

"I never wanted that to happen, Zarah. You were purposely ignoring me, weren't you?" I just needed time to clear my head. To make decisions concerning my - our - future. Papi's words really helped a lot although it took 2 more days before I came to a decision; a good one, I hoped.

After a while, I gave up trying to leave the position he put me in. His extremely large figure completely trapping my smaller one between him and the wall.

"Isn't that what all cowards do?" I taunted him. He needs to know just how much his words hurt me. "Look Zarah, I'm desperately trying to make you see that I'm sorry for what I said. Something I never do."

"Desperately huh?" My anger was slowly crawling back to my heart. He doesn't seem desperate enough.

"Zarah, baby," His last word affecting me in ways I never thought possible, "I'm sorry. I really am. I never should've called you a coward nor should I have hid the truth from you. But what's done is done." His apology was sincere. Something I never expected from him.