Chapter 38

This is long overdue, but I dedicate this chapter to gorgeous_choas_ !!! Thank you so much for the votes and comments! You're the best! 😘

ONE MONTH LATER

Zarah's POV

The wedding was one of the best things that had ever happened to me. I couldn't remember the last time I had so much fun.

Soon after it, we went on our honeymoon. It was long, and just magical. The honeymoon was more of a tour of Runaria. I finally got to visit all the states and meet all the governors, who unfortunately didn't attend the wedding at all.

My favorite city still remained Jamya, and I was happy to spend our anniversary and more time there. I couldn't believe it had been a year already. One stressful year at that. We had some good and bad memories.

Who knew I would be a queen?

If anyone had bothered telling me that a year back, I would have laughed at his face and told him to leave me alone. Now, I don't think I can live without Ayyan, his wonderful family and Runaria.

We had a little picnic at The Fall as our anniversary dinner and just goofed around. It was nice and I couldn't be happier, hanging out at the gazebo, next to my favorite person in my favorite city.

Unfortunately, the tour ended. It was the best one month of my life. Ayyan and I bonded a lot. Walking into Suman Palace, I searched for my best friend's familiar face.

"You're back!" Aysha yelled, running to give me a hug. "I missed you guys so much," she muffled out.

"There you are." I grinned. "I missed you even more."

"Zarah, I need to take care of some things. See you later?" Ayyan said, giving me a quick kiss.

A small frown formed on my face. "We just came back. Why don't you rest, first? Please." He shook his head and gave me a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry yourself. I'll be back before you know it." He gave me another kiss before leaving, his muscles flexing as he walked. The guards followed suit.

***

Things were normal in the palace after the wedding. There was no information on The Fighters. Though, they didn't attack anymore. I had settled in and being queen had never felt better.

As I usually start my day, I went on a walk with Papi before breakfast. I had missed him a lot and our morning walks so much when I went away. Now that I was back, there were a lot of things we had to catch up on.

Although everything appeared normal, I knew Papi was sicker than he was before we left. He's more fragile and has a lot more visible bones than I remember him having. Also, our walks are shorter than they were. He couldn't walk for long distances anymore.

I sulked and scolded him for not taking care of himself while I was away. He promised to eat more now and relax even more. He's no longer king, so he should take as much time as he would need to get better.

The guests and everyone who came for the wedding left soon after we departed. Ayyan's parents, my parents and everyone left. The palace was empty with no guests in it. If you exclude the servants and guards.

The preparations for Ayyan's company's merger were underway. He wanted to host a huge dinner to celebrate the merger. He was more stressed out than usual as he had to make sure everything was going well, coupled with choosing the right person to give the business to manage and also handling Runaria and the fighters.