Chapter 31

Cheers to 42k reads and 3k votes. I love you guys. Enjoy...🥂🧡

Zarah's POV

The journey, true to Ayyan's words, took 3 long hours. I slept for a quarter of the journey then woke up. It was quite uncomfortable, to say the least.

The scenery was wonderful. Thick and large trees filled the view. They were colored differently; some green, others orange and some the lightest shade of red.

It was magnificent. Just like a rainbow.

The rainbow forest.

As we entered the capital, the view changed. From tall trees to tall buildings, from vast landscapes to streets filled with cars.

All in all, the capital was truly beautiful but the journey was definitely exhausting.

Not that I didn't enjoy every part of it.

The Suman Palace was a sight for sore eyes. It was nothing like the one in Jamya. With tall strong pillars and a more ancient look to it, the Suman Palace was indeed breathtaking.

The gates almost had a rustic look to them; a slight contrast to the power-screaming towers beyond. They opened automatically to reveal a long pathway made of simple yet elegant carved stones and grasses.

The castle walls were strong and looked unbreakable. Tall and unending towers met with similarly tall pillars to form a perfect combination of traditional and modern.

It was all so perfect. Almost too perfect. Something about perfection made me uneasy. There's something quite wrong with this place!

I sighed softly before being helped out of the car by none other than Ayyan. "Here you go, m'lady." Smiling softly, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before proceeding to adjust my hijab.

Up close, the castle looked surreal. Like one from a fairytale. There were intriguing intricate designs all over the château—

"Zarah, let's go," Ayyan's soft voice broke me out of my reverie. I broke my gaze from the castle to glance at him, "or do you want to stay out here all day and not explore the inside?"

He was smirking.

Huffing loudly, I grabbed his arm and pushed him in the direction of the grand main entrance. "Let's go!" He chuckled silently to which I gave him a glare.

With that, he burst out laughing, while I stand arms akimbo full-on glaring at him. "You're just too adorable, banana." He raised his hands and pinched my cheeks.

"Stop!" I swatted his hands away.

"Alright, alright." He raised his hands in mock surrender, before pulling me to his side and placing his hand on my shoulder, successfully tucking me into him."We should really head inside though, everyone's gone."

There was no one out there apart from us and the guards. Realizing that they had all left us mid banter, I blushed furiously.

Talk about embarrassing!

"Hey, Ayyan, where exactly are we headed?"

"Inside, where else?" He answered sarcastically.

"No need to be sarcastic with me," I retorted, "I know we're going inside, but inside where? Do we have our own section? You know, like in the other palace or I don't know." I shrugged annoyed.

Ayyan chuckled, "Just follow me, Zarah." His breath tickling my earlobe and sending shivers down my spine making tiny goosebumps appear all over my skin.