I finally left my room, walking down the hall, running a hand through my hair, sighing deeply.

Alec comes to my side, "Well- someone's looking nothing like a Shadowhunter today."

I looked at him, noticing that he was referring to my white sweater that was tucked into blue ripped jeans.

"Oh yeah?" I bit the inside of my cheek, "The runes didn't give it away?"

Alec shook his head, the corner of his lips turning up, "Nah- I don't think so."

"Why do I feel like this is the first time you've ever considered me a Shadowhunter?" I question, walking down the hall with him.

"Because it probably is." Alec softly laughs, looking down at me.

I softly laugh for the first time since Renwick.

Alec's eyebrows furrow, "Why's your tongue blue?"

"I had a slurpee for breakfast." I shrug.

"Where did you get a slurpee?" Alec questions.

"Uh- no where." I clear my throat, crossing my arms.

"How are you doing?" Alec checks in with me, his hands folded behind his back.

"I know I've had a lot of sugar today," I trail off, "But- I think I just heard you ask me how I'm doing."

"Zee-" Alec looks at me, looking past my joke, "I'm serious."

I sigh deeply, "I could be better. But- I'll be okay."

Isabelle walks over to Alec and I And looks at me, grabbing my arms, "Alec's a cobalt blue, right?"

"Uh- yeah?" I reply in a questionable tone.

Isabelle nods, walking away and over to some woman, "We're gonna do the cobalt blue!"

Confusion falls over me for a second, Alec speaking up, "What was that about?"

I blink, realizing what it was about, rolling my eyes, "Oh- right, you're getting married tomorrow."

"I am." He confirms, rolling his eyes at how I rolled mine at the mention of his marriage.

"Alec- do you really want to do this?" I question, "Is marrying Lydia the best thing for you?"

"I want this." Alec shortly said.

"And what about Magnus?" I looked at him, "I know you feel something for him."

"Zee- I'm not going to give up my life for him. I'm not going to throw everything away- for him." Alec said to me, "I'm doing what's right."

"I just want you to be happy, Alec." I held eye contact with him.

Alec stares at me, "I'm doing what's right for my family and I."

"If you say so." I quietly huff, looking down.

He changed the subject and kept the conversation going, "How's Jocelyn doing?"

"From what I've heard, there hasn't been any progress." I cross my arms, then look at him, "Thank you for everything you've done to help Clary and I get Jocelyn back. In the process- we found my mother too. I really appreciate it, Alec."

"Actually I- I should thank you." Alec looks at me, "I don't know what would have happened to Isabelle after the trial if you hadn't returned the Cup. You saved my sister- so thank you."

"Did you just thank me?" A small smile forms on my lips, "Could I actually record you saying that? In that way, when you're being a jerk to me, I can pull the recording out and we can recall on this very memory you being nice to me."