Prologue

Sometime long ago...

"Lady Oakes" the maid called in a language long forgotten by modern man. The voice drawing the attention of bedridden maiden. Her black hair sprawled across the bed sheets behind her head like a dark halo. With much effort the woman painfully turned her head towards the maid away from the newly green tree covered hills outside her window - from the clouds slowly drifting across the new moon high in the sky, her only way of telling the passing of time towards the women indicating that she was listening.

"It's time of the ceremony" the maid stated in monotone walking towards the bedridden lady, a paintbrush and a small pot in hand "it shouldn't be too painful" the maid stated as she began to draw the forgotten runes on her skin "and hopefully should it succeed, you will be better my lady, isn't that wonderful news"

The maid carefully maneuverer the weak, ill women into an old wooden wheelchair mixed with wheel barrel like contraption before whisking her off to an open room deep within the shadows of the large fort – though the room was hidden to the naked eye; it was open to the elements. The new spring breeze rustling the robes of those around as the ceremony began.

A sacred ceremony performed by those of olde; of those in the Oakes family. Since before the time the romans stormed the lands and worshipped their old gods and magical feats was performed by many.

The new moon high in the black sky as the planets slowly fell into place – the chanting began slowly as the power of olde began to shake the crust of the earth. But nothing comes without a price.

A weak bedridden woman entered.

And a powerful lady left.

To be continued...

finally i have revamped this story and completed part 1 of the black lady series! haste the sudden mass update and lovely new cover! the photos used are not mind creidts to the lovely artists who created them!

anyhow... with futher ado lets continued this lovely story!

tell me what you think!

i would love to hear the comments about the revamp!

love you lot!