part 1.12

Her mind wandered as she quietly followed the group assorting Loki and the tesseract though its holds – Loki being taken to a securer hold before being transported by to Aagard.

She felt her age suddenly weighing down on her – mind drifting back to simpler times.

Sometimes she missed it. Missed seeing the colours that donned the universe. The colours that made the world seem more ALIVE. It was hard to describe the emotions that were hitting her.

She had been lucky to join the group in the lift, unlike hulk who had been sent down the stairs as no one wanted the smash prone beast inside a small metal box... too many what ifs playing in people's heads at the thought.

Something shifted in her senses, something familiar yet different. She sighed, curling her shadows around her frame as she stepped in time with the god. There was something unusual, something so small it was barely within her senses. It was a particular feeling even when it got smaller that her mind's eye could no longer track it.

She cocked her head at the group of man stopped the traveling group of hero's. Though she could see them – she guessed from the shadows that the group where some form of law enforcement or security judging from the suits and hidden guns.

"May I ask where you're going?" the man, seemingly leader of the group spoke first as stark came to abrupt stop.

"To the lunch and then Asgard. I'm sorry, you are?" Thor responded confused by the turn of events.

"Alexander pierce. He's the man, one of the folks behind nick fury" stark responded, turning towards the taller god.

Ah, alexander pierce she'd heard a few things about the greying man from her shadows. Some interesting things. Should she intervene?

Mr pierce didn't look to please, "my friend calls me Mr. Secretary. I'm going to have to ask you to turn that prisoner over to me"

Thor looked began the two men before him with a frown on his face, "Loki will be answering to Odin himself"

"Oh, he's going to answer to us. Odin can have what's left." Cecilia blacken lips dipped down at the underling threat on the man's voice. Missing the god in question eye roll. "And I'm going to need that case, that's been SHIELDs property for over 70 years"

"Hand over the case, stark" one of the agents motioned, reaching forward for the case. Stark takes a step back, putting a hand up between them before commenting, "I'm not going to argue whose got the higher authority here, all right?"

"I need that case" pierce stated leaving no room for argue – while the agent when again for the case. She had half the mind to sweep it into the abyss of shadows. But she wanted to see how the game would play out.

"I know you gotta a lotta pulls. I'm just sayin-"

"Okay. Then give me that case" pierce cut the billionaire off while other agent grabbed him in an attempt to get the tesseract.

"Get your hand off!" yelled stark before promptly dropping to the floor the case clattering with a thud.

"Stark!?" the panic yells of the group around them. As the man began to shake on the ground, those around in a state of panic.

"Medic! You guys some help!" a familiar voice called from behind them. Cecilia turned her head – eyes narrowed at the voice before realisation flooded her mind.

So that what it is, the chess move being made – but by whose hand. She ignores the Choas by her feet. Her head following the body of familiar feeling soldier unaware of the eyes of Loki following her movement.

A door smashed open reviling an angry hulk. "NO STAIRS!" – the door hitting the familiar solider slamming him to the ground, slinging the case open and the tesseract to the feet of the tricker god in the chaos of screaming people.

"That's enough fun for now". Cecilia muttered, her shadows wrapping around the tesseract letting it sink into the abyss just as Loki dropped down to pick it up. He scowled at her before rolling his eyes. While she sent her shadows to the familiar solider and his small companion – the shadows claiming them just as a tiny voice reached her ears, "that wasn't supposed to happen, was it?"

She returned to the present her senses returning to the body standing next to Loki. Stark was shakily back on his feet patting Thor of shoulder in gratitude.

What an interesting turn of events.

-elsewhere -

The future tony stark and Scott lang appeared in a dark alley way a few blocks over of the famous tower. "That was different," the genius muttered.

"What do you mean?" asked Scott

"There was someone who wasn't there before – the women in black next to Loki. I don't know her"

"What? But we have just gone to the pass, it should be the same we haven't messed it up that much already, have we?" Scott muttered returning to his original size.

"All I can thin-huh?" stark paused might sentence as the shadows curled up before him, revealing a bleached white paper with black runic like writing across the page.

"what's that?" Scott muttered,

"Dunno I can't read it? You?" stark muttered turning it towards the other man. Who shook his head.

Stark sighed. Crumpling the note up in his pocket for future him to deal with – they needed another time zone to get the tesseract...

Little did they know that, that tiny note was taken to a trip to the April the 7th 1970 – in which the note vanished into shadows of the billionaire's pocket and into the hands of a black veiled lady standing in a bustling market square – magic flittering across the skies as those around her bantered rat tails and fools' blood.

The lady in question cocked her head, her lips curling viciously as she read the note. "Interesting, is seems fate has given us an interesting path to follow in the next game"

It'sfunny how fate seems to play out.

To be continued...