"Don't blame yourself for this, it's not your fault." She stated, believing her every word although he seemed to think otherwise.

"This wasn't the worst, was it? Physical pain was something you never cried from, even that time when you broke your arm." It was true, the only time she had cried in front of Sam was when she had ended their relationship all those years ago.

"The mental manipulation shattered me, your supposed death had a good part to play in that. Three times a day they would repeat the same words to me; 'Sam died because you weren't there, the doctors were not skilled enough to save him from the three bullet wounds to the stomach.' So I eventually began to blame myself for it, then I was manipulated into a relationship with Talbot, I hadn't known he was second in command until a month into the relationship where Marlowe told me that I couldn't trust anyone. Not even him. That betrayal... it shook me."

"There's something else, that happened, wasn't there?" She nodded in response to his question. "You can't speak about it?" She shook her head. "You probably have PTSD, I mean you shouldn't have to cover your scars because they-"

"You're a bit late with the 'coming to terms' part of the recovery pathway, I'm fine with my scars, I just don't want any other people reacting to them like you have been." She told him, pulling her arm away from his lingering touch, no matter how much it pained her to do so. "What's really going on here? Why are you back so early?"

"Elena... she found us." Sam told her, prompting a roll of eyes from the assassin.

"Didn't end well, I take it?" He nodded in response. "Well, it's probably similar to what we went through." She stated, turning to get her clothes and begin dressing.

"What do you mean by that?"

"You were in prison for fifteen years and couldn't figure out why I broke it off with you?" She asked him, slightly shocked but not really surprised.

"I think 'broke it off' is putting it a little lightly." Sam stated, receiving a pointed look in reply. She began clothing herself, he had seen her body many times before, so it didn't bother her, especially since he had averted his eyes to the mouldy ceiling.

"Samuel, this ridiculous hunt for treasure, it's not worth losing your life over, you are going to get yourself killed." She stated simply, turning towards him once she had fully dressed herself. "Those words, you surely remember them." The solemn look on his face was enough of a reply for her. Those words, that sentence, triggered the argument that lead to their relationships demise, where they shouted at each other for an hour, Sam defending his plan and Caeli wanting to retire and have a normal life. All she had wanted was to prevent any more danger from threatening their lives, to settle down and buy a house, raise a small family... not that he felt the same and at that point it had been exceptionally important to Caeli. "That wasn't the first time I said something like that to you, three times I asked for you to stop and just live with me, each time you lied and said it would be the final hunt. I had hoped that if I broke up with you it would shock you into realising what you should be doing, clearly that didn't work since we're in this mess again."

"We are in this mess because of Alca-"

"Alcazar is dead." She cut him off, and he was shocked into a submissive silence. "He has been for months, and you're lucky neither of the other two know that. I've kept that secret for you because I knew there would be a reason behind you lying. When you first told me the story I knew it was bullshit, when we first got here, when I sat in this bathroom with the water running for ages I looked Alcazar up and found out he was dead." She walked out of the bathroom then, finding the walls to be suffocating, Sam followed her out as he struggled over what to say next.