Chapter 27

Anyone could spot this ring from a mile away, not only because of it's size but how gorgeous it truly was. The ruby red diamond rock that was the centerpiece, was surrounded by the most precious diamonds that halo the center. It's definitely not something I would typically go for. I can't imagine how much this cost him, definitely worth more than his own suit that was provided by Armani. As I continued to analyze the ring, Alex places a gentle kiss on my hand, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"You like it right?" His voice sounds shaky. He was definitely nervous about this and I don't blame him. The ring was a gift I certainly didn't expect, especially since we had never discussed anything about a ring before. It was a little too soon for that kind of discussion in our relationship, but I can understand his intent behind this gift.

"Yes. I love it." I reassure him and place a soft kiss on his lips. He pulls away and grabs the ring from my hands.

"May I?" He asks and I quickly nod my head.

He takes my left hand in his and slowly places the ring onto my ring finger. He takes a moment to admire the jewelry now being in its new spot and smiles. The gem looked so foreign on my finger, and it definitely stood out from the rest of the precious stones I had on my other fingers.

"It looks great baby." He piped, as he places another kiss on my hand before resting it on my lap. Alex began to chat about the event as well as the people among us and I quickly lose interest of the conversation. I didn't care.

I couldn't help but divert my gaze back to Jason as previously and he was staring directly at the two of us, not even bothering to look away. He definitely just witnessed the exchange between Alex and I. His eyes were blank and he lowered his gaze to the ground, not even paying attention to the two men before him as I watch him zone out. He no longer had no interest in what they were saying to him.

I wonder what's wrong with him? I felt myself having a strong urge to want to talk to him more than anything.

————————

Jason opens the door to the limo for Alex and I as we climb into the very back and take our seats. Jason makes his way to the drivers seat and I find it hard not to stare at him as he started up the vehicle and begins to take us away from the building and the horrible amount of paparazzi that trailed behind us. It seemed like his mood changed after he zoned out earlier. I haven't seen him smile since and he became less social. A lot like the Jason I first met. I wanted to know what was going on inside his head. I hope to find out why tonight, whenever we are in bed. Maybe, just maybe, I could get to know him a little more.

We pull into the airport where Alex's private jet was waiting just for his arrival. Alex looks over at me and places a kiss on my forehead before telling me that he'll be back to see me as soon as he can. I was secretly hoping he'd take his time to come back to Florida.

"I hope you love your new ring baby, don't wear it out though." He pauses for a moment. "Oh wait! You can't because it's real diamonds." He chuckles.

"Exactly." I found myself fake laughing at his corny little joke.

"I can't wait to see you again. I love coming here to spend time with you, I hope you know that. I got to go now though."

"Okay just text me." I chirped, and gave him one last hug before he scoots out of the car. Now it was just Jason and I left in here.

"Take me to Nana's please." I ordered. He nods his head and pulls off, now furthering the distance between Alex and I.

————————-
Finally arriving to our room, I make my way to the bathroom to take off my makeup and begin getting ready for bed. I start by tying my hair up in a high ponytail and remove all my jewelry and placing them next to one of the sinks on the bathroom vanity top. I had left the bathroom door open and Jason joins me inside, already shirtless, wearing only his pants. He begins to wash his face at the other sink.