Chapter: 23

Emma

"Alpha Zavier"

My heart began to beat faster against my chest, the one person who I hoped wouldn't attend came. I could feel my face drain from any and all color. I knew I would have to see him again at some point but I didn't think it would be so soon. Grandma Joy said that I needed him no matter what but....

"Emma" Blake's voice brought me out of my daze and little did I know that we were only a couple of steps away from him...

There he stood in the far end of the ball room observing everything that was going on. He was just a breath taking as I remember, a sight which still had a huge effect on me. I had to resist the urge to run to him and throw myself to him.

"Alpha Zavier pleasure to meet you" Blake says as he shook hands with my mate.

"Like wise you majesty" his eyes then move over to me. He held my gaze as if he was trying to remember. Those beautiful eye that i love yet also fear.

"This is Luna Emma my partner" Alpha King says as he pulls me to him by my waist. I glare at Blake as he does so, I haven't agreed to any of this. I don't now what this king is up to but I am sure not liking this.

Before I can say anything a low but deadly growl interrupted me. I turn to find Zavier glaring at Blake's hand which was still on my waist. Zavier then cleared his throat as he realizes what he has just done, no later does he speak.

"I feel like we have met before"

"uhm I don't believe we have met before Alpha..." i also clear my throat as I pull away from Blake and look at Zavier. i keep my heart from beating faster than normal so that they wont notice just how nerves i am feeling. 

I can tell that Blake is getting somewhat suspicious, he looks between me and Zavier as if he is connecting to and to because soon after he starts to glare at Zavier.

"No I am pretty sure we have met before, you look just like my....like my...weird I can't remember who" i feel my heart squeeze but I cant blame him, for it was me who made him forget. I can feel a sharp pain run through where his mark use to be. My hand reaches to touch it but the burning pain keeps me from it. 

"are you okay?" I can see Zavier look worried as he reaches his hand out but quickly takes it back.

"yeah I am fine just a bit tired. Blake can I go back to my room?" I can see my dear mate stiffen as i pull at Blake's sleeve. 

"I'll accompany you, Alpha Zavier it was a pleasure" As we say goodbye we then head out of the ballroom and to what I assume is my room. As we walked none of us spoke, it was as if he was trying to give me some space.

Just as we reach my door he stops me. 

"That was him wasn't it" it wasn't a question more like a fact as he said it. There was no point in denying it. 

"Yes that is him but he has no memory of me, so he has no idea that we are mates. I had to take his memories away so that he could be safe along with our pack." I say as I lean into the door. 

"I'd like you to stay here in the palace for the time being." he said after nodding to what I had just told him. "I can't I'm leaving to my brothers pack after the gathering is over."

I had no intention on staying with him, having him close to me didn't feel right. But yet he feels like family?

"I still would like it if you could at least come to me if you have any problems. Even though you aren't my mate I feel a connection with you" so this is why...

I place my hand on his cheek and smile softly at him

"You will find your mate soon, I know you are"

For the first time I saw a very sincere smile grace his lips as he nodded. "I'll be taking my leave then, if there is anything you need do hesitate to ask" with that he takes his leave as I enter my room ready to get my things so that they were ready and I can rest for a while.

*****

Time had past faster than I expected it to. My brother was well still trying to get his life together in the room next to mine. To be honest the only reason I wanted to leave already was because I didn't want to stay in a place where I can see him only to have a wave of memories crashing into me.

I will stay quiet to him especially when he asks if we know each other. I'm not ready to face him just yet grandmother.

Knock knock

"Em come on the car is right outside, we have finished packing clothes but not food" of course

I mean I don't disagree since food is life.....

I walk out the door with my things and my dear brother trailing behind. I better get put of here before I bump into someone.