Chapter: 11

Emma

I take a deep breath as I let the wind caress me. The warm and gentle wind reminds me of when I was young, the time when my mom would take me into the woods with my brother and show us how to use our powers. I was a late bloomer unlike my brother who had the same element power as mom. It was until one day that I fell down a waterfall I found my elemental power.

Both mom and my dear brother were shocked when they saw I was held by the air. I had no idea what was going on all I wanted was to stand on firm land. And as if reading my mind I was carried to where my mom stood.

The memory of that day makes me smile. But memories like these don't last long enough to enjoy.

I the sadness and betrayal I feel make my heart feel heavy. I want to make it all disappear, I want to be able to feel Peace's and joy. How hard is it to want a happy and normal life?

I open my eyes to see the the wind around me has become aggressive and unstable. I take a deep breath to calm down and as I do the wind begins to go back to normal.

I walk to the garden, my garden. I come to a stop when I see my mate a children playing with each other. They laugh and play around. I mask my scent in the wind no wanting to ruin their fun. I have to say they look happy without me.

Is there really a need for me to be here?

They had forgotten about me for two years, two years I struggled to keep alive only to come back and have them forget me. I died for a couple of hours to have them remember me. I said I need time but what exactly am I waiting for?

I can forgive but I can't forget.

Staying here would only bring danger to my dear family, if I can make them forget me once more they will not suffer the pain of losing me again.

I know that the people who took me will come for me once again, for I never did get to kill the leader. How could I have forgotten such thing. I guess I was blinded by the want of seeing my mate and children.

Tears slid down my cheek. My dear family forgive me for what I am about to do, just know that I am doing this to keep all of you safe.

I wipe my tears as I walk away from the garden.

"Mommy?"

I feel a small hand pull my shirt from behind. I turn to find my princess. I gently pick her up and smile.

" Hey there beautiful" she looks at me and frowns " Mommy why are you sad?" My eyes widen.

"Who's sad?" My mate walks up to us with my prince in his arms. Zavier gives me a look of worry as he approaches us. I give them a soft smile not wanting them to worry. "No I'm not sad honey. Mommy was just remembering how much fun we use to have....as a family." I kiss her cheek a set her down.

"Kids go play I have to talk to Mommy." My mate said as the kids now and run along just as they were told not before giving us a quick hug and kiss. I said there as I watch them move further away from us. My dear precious children, Mommy loves you.

"Emma...I know something is going on with you. I can feel it" he says that he can feel it but I know that isn't true for it was him how broke our mate bond. I shake my head putting some more distance between us. "Zavier how is it possible for you feel something that doesn't exists anymore?" I look at him but wished I didn't.

"Em I hurt you...I know I did. The bond was forced to brake due to the curse not because I wanted nothin to due with you. You more than anyone knows that I would never do anything to hurt you. I love you. Allow me to fix us...to put us back together" he pulled me into his arms as he kissed my forehead. I couldn't help but hug him tightly.

How long have I wished to hold him like this. If only time would freeze.

I pull away and give him a small smile. "Zav I-"

I stopped as I felt that something was not right. Fear ran through me, but it wasn't my fear. My eyes grew wide.

"The kids!"

I run in the direction the kids had gone not even stopping to explain to my worried mate. Zavier ran close behind me. I stopped at the training field where I looked around till I found our pups be surrounded by rogues.

Anger Rose from in me, no one dares to hurt my pups. I growl t them and capture their attention. Some run at me but a attack by Zavier. I keep going to my kids. I quickly manage to use the air to lift them up into the so so the rogues won't get to them.

As the see this they run at me. I take the air of three of them allowing them to suffocate. With four of them surrounding me I manipulate the wind to cut them down like a sharp sword. The should know better than to mess with a Luna's pups.

I kept on alive in order to find out who was the one who sent them here. I have a clue to who it could be but I must make sure of it first.

"Who sent you?"

The rogue only  laughed humorlessly. "What makes you think I will tell you." The wind around him began to cut him taking his air access away like by little. "Tell me now" he looked scared but remained silent. "Y-Your the one he his looking for..." He began to turn a pale color. "Who?" I pressure on.

"My little wind bird you might have gotten out of your cage but you will soon be captured again. And once that is done I will clip your wings off. My little wind bird you will be mine very soon." The rogue began to laugh like a mad man. Hearing enough I end his life.

I knew he would be back.

I turn to look at my mate who had killed all seven of the rogues and was in wolf form. I'm glad he is alright, luckily he didn't hear what the rogue had said. Zavier walked to me and licked my cheek. I smile and ran my hand through his fur.

I take a deep breath and gently lower my children to the ground and embrace them. I have made my decision, my family will not suffer because of me.

Please know that I am doing this for your safety.

I hope you will all for give me one day....