A Light in The Abyss

Jace didn't have much to say when both me and Aramis asked him about it. We didn't mention that we were there that day in the forest, but we did make it known that we knew that he was a Werewolf and that Flint was his brother. A fact he didn't seem to put too much thought into thinking about, and did cause Victoria to flinch in a most curious manner as she looked to see his reaction.

As always he seemed relatively calm and relaxed. If there was any inner monologue that could clue us in to what he was actually thinking; he wasn't showing it. He apologised to Victoria for not letting her know sooner, and apparently; already knew she was a Witch, but that whole thing seemed to smooth over rather quickly, and the two were back to just barely keeping their hands off of each other. Even if I had more questions. Things just weren't adding up.

What confuses me even more; is that I don't even doubt Jace or his honesty. He just didn't seem the type to bother. In fact, I was under the strong assumption that he was just far too lazy to do much of anything. Which made it a wonder his body was in such great, cut, shape as it was.

Aramis' rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb in a comforting manner, clearly able to tell that I was dissatisfied with the answers, or lack there of, I was given. I smiled happily at the contact, feeling myself relax.

It was getting late. The temperature dropping so that even the heat of the food stands began to gently waft with coils of steam, and I couldn't help but feel a certain ache around my eyes as they grew tired. But I was more than happy to fight off whatever tiredness came my way, if it meant I could spend more time with Aramis, wishing that the night would never end.

But like all things; it did. We piled into Victoria's car, the windows fully rolled down to allow the midnight air, cool and fresh, to pass by in whips and streams. It was comforting as I let my arm hang out the side of the vehicle, and with Aramis clutching my other hand in his lap, what more could I ask for? Well... There was plenty I could ask for, if I was honest... But not yet. I wasn't ready.

We all exited the car as it pulled up outside Tithe Manor. Victoria giggling, as Jace chased her to the front door. She hung on to the door frame as he nipped and kissed at her neck, and she looked towards us both.

"Are you guys coming in, or are you going to let the warmth out the house?" She shouted back, and I glared at her, shushing loudly. The last thing I wanted was for her to wake the entire house with her shenanigans.

The figure behind me, became all the more present in my consciousness and I felt a heat rise up in my cheeks at what she was suggesting. A lump made of pure nervousness, formed in my throat, only made all the more obvious to me by the heave of my heart that seemed to vibrate in violent echoes throughout all my limbs. I turned, facing Aramis.

"Y-you can come in if you want... Maybe for a drink?" I stuttered, clearing my throat when the sudden thought came over me that I hope he didn't think I meant blood. He placed a comforting hand on my shoulders, and my knees threatened to buckle beneath me.

Warmth, and need, crossed blades of fire with the venomous knives of sheer nerves. Of course I'd thought about it. Sex with Aramis. I thought about it too often to count. Some would say too much. His touch was already intoxicating to the point where my skin oxidized upon contact. Igniting with fire, and electricity in a union of static and starlight. And that was just through clothes.

In my imagination, I am strong, and confident. I am sexy and attractive, and all the things I could ever hope to be. We meet as equals in the passionate throes of splendour. Like warriors on the battle field we would trade for that last hope of a good death. It would be glorious, and orgasmic. New constellations would form. Galaxies and infinities pulled into existence with just a smattering of stardust to light their way.