Chapter 16

Anabia's POV

It has been two weeks since the incident. I asked him why did he want to take me to Paris but he dodged off the topic. I am in the balcony staring at the moon alone with my thoughts. Thoughts that are making me lose my sanity. No matter how much I try thinking about something else,I end up thinking about Zain.

Something must really be wrong with me since I compare all those fictional characters to Zain and still I find him better.

Is that what love does? Having you go insane but also keeping you sane at the same time?

My heart flutters at his sight. And I completely lose it when he flashes that smile of his.

I would have gone really insane but thanks to my phone for blaring to life.

"Hello?"

"I am on my way home." Zain spoke from the other side.

"Okay. See you then." I smiled. He too said his goodbye and hung up. I went down to the kitchen and started microwaving the food. I felt a pair of hands around my waist and the familiar scent of cologne hit my nose. I smiled at it.

"I'll get fresh,okay?" He said resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Okay. I'll set the table." I replied and he walked towards the room.

•••

Next Day.

I am shuffling through my closet since Zain has asked me to stay ready when he comes. Apparently,he is giving me a surprise. He will be here at 4pm and it's already 3pm so I gotta hurry up. Shuffling for more five minutes,I finally settled on a black georget suit with embroiderd dupatta.

*Anabia's Look.*

•••

•••

We arrived at a beach somewhere around 6pm. I think it was a private beach as there was no one and I could see a beach house but I didn't bother asking.

We walked along the shore talking about different things. I have always loved beaches. I love running in the sand and dipping my feet in the water. I have always loved looking up in the sky and drenching my entire being in rains. I have loved waterfalls and looking around the water. Collecting shells from seashore and displaying it, writing on a dark rock with a lighter one are my things. Exposure to nature has always made me have pleasant feelings and helped me reduce my anger and stress. Whenever,I am sad I stare at the sky. The moon and stars. Along with stars,I also wanted to adapt the character of moon;Keeping all the spots to myself and distributing light to everyone around me.

"Horizon." I don't know for how long we talked when Zain mumbled and looked at the sky. I too looked at the sky to see the sun setting. The sky and sun were a shade of red. The sun has completely set and I looked towards Zain just to find him staring back at me.

Was he staring the whole time?

His gaze was intense and his eyes had a whirpool of emotions. Our eyes locked and it seemed like none of us wanted to break the staring contest. While my eyes only displayed love,his had so many emotions inside them. It was the first time I was seeing so many emotions inside him. He is always so quick to mask his emotions but he isn't doing that today. I have seen him happy and sad but I haven't ever seen him nervous. I was so lost in those eyes that I didn't notice Zain closing the distance between us. By the time I realized,it was too late and we were just an inch apart. His mint breath faning on my face. No words were spoken. A gasp escaped my lips when he pulled me more close to him by my waist. He bought his free hand to my face and brushed his thumb on my cheek.

"I don't know from where to start but I have to start somewhere. The day you married me and entered my life was the best day but I was a fool to ignore that and be rude to you. I hated you. I hated you with everything I had in me. But when I got to know the real reason behind your consent I realized my fault. We started with being friends but somewhere during this friendship;I started falling for you. No matter what I am going through,your smile made my day. And when I didn't find you at home that day,I was scared. Scared of losing you forever. Your absence made me realize how much you mean to me. And how dark my life would be without me. I am lost without you,Anabia. I love you so much."

His confession took me aback. I was so happy. My ears finally got to hear what they were yearning for.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same way too..I'll wai-" He said when I took to long to answer but I cut him off.

"I love you too!''

He grinned like a love-struck teenager and me? Well,I couldn't be any happier.

We stared into each other's eyes for god knows how long when Zain suddenly spoke, "You don't know how happy you have made me."

"I am happy too. Happy then I have ever been." With that we sealed our promise.

Promise of loving each other until Jannah ties us together.

•••

Okay so the book comes to an end. I'll upload the epilogue soon.

I know this isn't the best book but I tried my best. Thanks to everyone who gave it a chance. I'll try getting better in my other books. 🌸❤

Do not forget to vote and comment :)